anyone else having trouble with overcharge on postage fees

Hi wondering if anyone else is experiencing an over charge on postage fees on combined postage. I have had 4 sales with combined postage charges. 3 out of 4 have had an overcharge on the postage fees.Can only contact ebay via phone about this and it costs me at least $30 each time on mobile phone. 

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

thank you for your comment, it is the same thing however if everyone is experiencing this then eBay is gouging huge amounts of money like the banks recently. I would not take a genius to make sure that the percentage rate on postage went to decimal places instead of round numbers.

It is only small money but it is fraud.

and you are right, it takes time and effort to contact ebay or have them contact you.  thank you for the heads up on the contact me option, thought this would be a waste of time but seems not.

thanks for the confirmation of what is happening.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Yes I had one this morning $95.00 postage on an item the should have been $9.65. Fixed by resending the invoice

Yesterday one on a single sale $60.00 - post should have been $30.00 (pool)  lost sale I doubt the customer will buy as they were cranky ) they think we are overcharging.

I have reported the issue to eBay

Maureen

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I don't know if this is the same as the overcharge you're experiencing, but eBay has a bit of a dodgy way of working out the FVF on multiple item purchases.

eg Every time a buyer purchases a single item, I am charged 19c FVF on the postage portion of the sale. My postage is flat rate, so whether someone buys one item or 50, the same P&H applies, so you would think no matter what, eBay will get 19c. Not so.... 😞

If a buyer purchases 50 items and pays my flat rate postage, eBay divides the P&H by the item count (50) and works out the percentage on 1/50th of the postage, then - because the fraction is so low - they just round it up to 1c, so I pay 50c FVF, which is more than 2.5x the advertised rate. I'm not ticked about 31c, as an amount anyway, it's not worth my time or energy to chase it up in the grand scheme of things, but every now and then it makes me a bit peeved, because there is absolutely no reasonable explanation for them to do the math that way.

For full disclosure, every now and then I get to pay a whole 1c less than normal, as an order with 3 items works out to 6c postage FVF per item, for an 18c total. woo hoo

PS I only have a mobile as well, so I always use the "Call me" option if I need to contact eBay.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

thank you for your comment, it is the same thing however if everyone is experiencing this then eBay is gouging huge amounts of money like the banks recently. I would not take a genius to make sure that the percentage rate on postage went to decimal places instead of round numbers.

It is only small money but it is fraud.

and you are right, it takes time and effort to contact ebay or have them contact you.  thank you for the heads up on the contact me option, thought this would be a waste of time but seems not.

thanks for the confirmation of what is happening.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply