australian sellers are suffering

ebay policies no good for australian sellers

are other australian sellers having problems with seller ratings

sellers who cant supply tracking numbers on cheap items only need 4 buyers to say item did not arrive

this drops your seller standard to below average this means paypal payments are held for 21 days

this also means a limit on store listings my gtc items are no longer being relisted currently 800 items in store

i have had store for 8 years on ebay sold 150000 us dollars and this is how they treat us aussies 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Don't know about the US but certainly here in the UK a lot of sellers choose to use untracked, cheaper postage for small, cheap items so do not have any advantage over Australian sellers in that regard plus here you need proof of delivery for Paypal, not just proof of sending.

Do you advise your buyers to contact you after X number of days if they have received nothing and you will issue an immediate refund without them having to take a long time going through the ebay dispute process?

Some sellers say that they are getting defects if they refund direct through Paypal but on the couple of occasions I have done that no defect has been recorded.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I thought it was 5 or 6 buyers and then it goes to the percentages. The defect rate needs to be under 5% before it goes below standard. This approach IMO is seriously flawed.

Based on ebays system someone can open an account, "sell" 3 items and get 3 negs and it's OK.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Know were you are coming from, due to defect rate after 10 years of Ebay selling, selling limits now apply, really hurts to see GTC most watched items not relisted due to restrictions, rang Ebay and nothing they can do, carp happens, more so on Ebay these days, was a good place to sell on once, but think those days are over.

RIP Ebay

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@mar1985c wrote:

ebay policies no good for australian sellers

are other australian sellers having problems with seller ratings

sellers who cant supply tracking numbers on cheap items only need 4 buyers to say item did not arrive

this drops your seller standard to below average this means paypal payments are held for 21 days

this also means a limit on store listings my gtc items are no longer being relisted currently 800 items in store

i have had store for 8 years on ebay sold 150000 us dollars and this is how they treat us aussies 

5 actually and that would assume your volumes are low enough for it to matter. I currently get 11.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply