Selling
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Warning Be very careful when selling on EBAY.

I recently sold an item on EBAY for $585 to a buyer in MEXICO. I posted the item with Australia Post tracking and insurance for $300. As soon as the ebay estimated time of delivery elapsed about 10 days letter the buyer put in a claim for item not re...

discrepancy between watchers and offers that can be sent

Hi, I have noticed on quite a few items that there is a difference between the number of watchers on an item and the number of potential buyers I can send an offer to.For instances, I have 30 watchers on an item but when I click the 'send offer' opti...

Scam buyers

I keep getting Scam buyers who purchase your item …. They do not pay buy send a message wanting to connect on what’s App or email … obviously trying to get your personal details…. I just realist item for sale

User avatar by Community Member
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Shipping regions are difficult to define and the different languages used in settings

We had a number of occasions where we were forced to spend 3x more shipping cost to ship our product to a region we usually charge extra, this happens because of the eBay shipping region settings. e.g. Sydney fringe, there is no clear indication of h...

Receiving Feedback, a question for sellers.

Hi all,I'd appreciate some replies on how I can improve feedback I give to sellers. From your perspectives of course. I'm very grateful that sellers take the time to list such items, often sellers clearly aren't making much profit. I tend to use the ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Aus Post sending various parcels to the wrong state!

I know Aus Post can be sometimes slow but they are usually reliable but for some strange reason all 6 parcels i have posted out on the 7th of march have been sent to the wrong state despite being scanned in at the post office to the correct address.L...

Messages Are Getting Blocked

Hey guys, just a heads up.I have had a lot of buyers recently been replying to my messages but they don’t go through.They appear sent on their end, but I don’t receive the messages at all.There seem to be a glitch in the eBay messaging system that fl...

Payments

Hello, I’ve just sold an item on eBay and I’ve had an email saying payment has been made, but I can not see where the payment went. I requested it go through PayPal but I’m not seeing it in there. There’s a lot of changes on eBay, is there a chance t...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

buyers sending offers via messenger

hiya people, i have never in all my years with ebay 20... come up with the following .. potential buyers sending offers via ebay messenger..non paying bidders ...lots..!! what happened to people following ebay rules .. ?? there seems to be no repurcu...

Resolved! Listing Removed - eBay Providing an Unfair Trading Platform

I recently listed a VHS Video Cassette tape with an R18+ rating and to my surprise, after approximately 5 hours of it being live, it was removed by eBay, their reason being that it violated their "Prohibited Adult Items Policy".The reason I was surpr...

eBay has now written their own scamming policy…

After 17 year of being a loyal customer, with 100% Positive feedback with 226+ people since the year 2006, they tweak a few things, change some policy and now are taking MY MONEY that someone gave to me after I had given them (handed over) one of my ...

• 19 replies
  • 1 Helpful

Slow photo upload from Phone when listing

HiI upload photos from my iphone once I've finished the listing on my I Mac. Is anyone else having trouble with slow process ie: photos taking too long to upload.When the new listing tool came out late last year 2022 the photo upload from mobile phon...