blocked bidders changing their user name - can they buy under the new name?

just wondering if someone who I have put on my BBL, if they change their user ID name, can they then bid or buy under their changed ID user name, or ar they still blocked? Also, does anyone know if you can find out what a user who has changed their user ID name was before they changed? many thanks

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If a user who is on your BBL changes their user ID, your BBL automatically updates and they are still blocked because it is the same account. However if they create a new ID that one is not blocked and they can now essentially do whatever they like. It's a major flaw in the system.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I could be wrong, but I believe if they CHANGE their name, they would still be blocked because it is the same account.  However if they create a new ID they would not be blocked.

Also, if a buyer has changed their ID you can see it on their profile page in the menu at the right side.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Spot on penny. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I could be wrong, but I believe if they CHANGE their name, they would still be blocked because it is the same account.  However if they create a new ID they would not be blocked.

Also, if a buyer has changed their ID you can see it on their profile page in the menu at the right side.

I also think it depends whether ebay actually WANT to do something about it, too.

My 3rd last sale was to a NPB, with 0 feedback. Had to open a case against them. Then, just after I was able to relist the item, it again sold to a NPB - also with 0 feedback. Again, case opened and again, awarded in my favour.

Finally, the same thing happened with the item AGAIN!!!

Another nuff nuff NPB with 0 feedback. 3rd case opened, 3rd case awarded to me.

I decided at this stage I'd investigate further. All brand new accounts, no past user ID's.

And curiously, all had the same SA postcode!

Spyware has also informed me that they have the same ISP address - so if I can find that out, ebay are certainly aware of it, , but chooses to do nothing.

Clearly, this person's a dropkick who gets his kicks creating new accounts and winning BIN's, without any intention of paying.

Numpty buyers, ebay's exorbitant fees, ebay's ludicrous defects. These are the reasons I no longer sell or buy, on ebay.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

You are spot on penny, more than a penny for your thoughts.  The only way this will come unstuck, is if the BB  (cancel my account) and open a Brand New one. Could use another name or even address, across the road etc, etc,  very hard to track then.

There is a boardie on here who has a log book of every bidder, what they bought, when, how paid, when posted, and to where.

Now if you use Google Earth and put their address in, compare it with what you had before. You might find something interesting. How close are the two addresses ?

If you need further help, please PM me. cheers.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

The only way this will come unstuck, is if the BB (cancel my account) and open a Brand New one. Could use another name or even address, across the road etc, etc, very hard to track then. There is a boardie on here who has a log book of every bidder, what they bought, when, how paid, when posted, and to where. Now if you use Google Earth and put their address in, compare it with what you had before. You might find something interesting. How close are the two addresses ? If you need further help, please PM me. cheers.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Sorry Penny, this should have gone to roseworthy11

You might find my post interesting, thanks, cheers.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

kopes, life is only wonderful with a nice copenhagen waffle icecream cone, double chocolate, extra nuts, and room for a dob of creme, and maybe a cherry on top..

May you and yours have a safe and happy xmas. cheers.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@roseworthy11 wrote:

just wondering if someone who I have put on my BBL, if they change their user ID name, can they then bid or buy under their changed ID user name, or ar they still blocked? Also, does anyone know if you can find out what a user who has changed their user ID name was before they changed? many thanks

If a blocked bidder changes their user ID, your BBL will automatically update to the new name (eg if you put  digital*ghost on your BBL and I changed this ID to sneaky_ninja, then your list will automatically update and have sneaky_ninja on it).

As the others have said, it's other ID's / accounts that aren't blocked. 

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

If you suspect this has happenned, contact eBay and ask then to check the user name and to check if it is the same URL, more likely than not the member is not smart enough to cover themselves by using a generic pc.

Speak to a supervisor NOT a phone drone.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply