buyer bids wins then after

Buyer bids wins after two weeks and several messages after i suggested to send to non payment. replies "made a mistake should never have bid make a cancellation & will repy yes".

I then suggested they instigate the cancellation

Which is the best option?  

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

The buyer cannot issue a cancellatiojn, you have 2 choices: You can send them a mutual cancellation, if they agree to it you get your fvf refunded, the seller gets no penalty and is free to leave you any feedback they want. If you do that make sure you choose the option that the buyer has changed their mind or you will gwet a defect. The buyer can refuse either out of spitefulness or numptiness. Oprtion 2 is you open an unpaid item strike, the buyer either pays up within 4 days or you can close the dispute, your fvf will be refunded, the buyer will get a strike recorded against their account and they cannot leave you any adverse feedback, you will not risk a defect being recorded against your account.

In future I would not drag it out that long, I open a dispute after 4 days.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

thank you which would you choose? I know I,m putting you on the spot!! but just wondering ??

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

me I would go the non payment strike route. Sounds like this 'buyer' is well versed in the way a cancellation happens. Probably done it many times before.

I would message them with something along the lines of,  with the new defects in place for sellers I am hesitant to send through a cancellation as I could receive a defect for doing so.
See what they say. Then I would open a non payment dispute and let them know they don't need reply to it or do anything as it will close in 4 days so you can get your fees back. Then they will cop a strike

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

When this happens to me, I just send the mutual cancellation request.  Be sure to mark the Buyer changed mind circle (can't remember the exact wording).

Usually buyers will tick yes because otherwise they feel they will be obligated to purchase if they select No.

It is annoying when a buyer changes their mind, but you will get your fees back so no harm done.  And it's immediate.  If you open and UPI dispute (which is a bit nasty) it drags on for 8 days before you can close it.  

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Thank you very imformation cheers

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Sorry, 8 days from sale of item, 4 days from opening the dipute

<<blushes>>

Oh, you can get positive feedback too for doing something nice for someone, easiest pos fb ever!

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

.........And let buyers get away with this sort of caper to do to other sellers time and time again............
Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

When this happens to me, I just send the mutual cancellation request.  Be sure to mark the Buyer changed mind circle (can't remember the exact wording).

Usually buyers will tick yes because otherwise they feel they will be obligated to purchase if they select No.

It is annoying when a buyer changes their mind, but you will get your fees back so no harm done.  And it's immediate.  If you open and UPI dispute (which is a bit nasty) it drags on for 8 days before you can close it.  

A bit nasty.................did you read the opening post. After repeated emails the buyer couldn't even be bothered to answer for 2 weeks. They deserve a strike.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

This sort of thing will be the "norm" very soon  😞 

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply