buyer bids wins then after

Buyer bids wins after two weeks and several messages after i suggested to send to non payment. replies "made a mistake should never have bid make a cancellation & will repy yes".

I then suggested they instigate the cancellation

Which is the best option?  

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

@black*poppy wrote:

When this happens to me, I just send the mutual cancellation request.  Be sure to mark the Buyer changed mind circle (can't remember the exact wording).

Usually buyers will tick yes because otherwise they feel they will be obligated to purchase if they select No.

It is annoying when a buyer changes their mind, but you will get your fees back so no harm done.  And it's immediate.  If you open and UPI dispute (which is a bit nasty) it drags on for 8 days before you can close it.  

A bit nasty.................did you read the opening post. After repeated emails the buyer couldn't even be bothered to answer for 2 weeks. They deserve a strike.

Very rarely agree with HBH on anything, but do with their post on this thread.

The buyer is a non paying PEST... open an unpaid dispute ASAP. 

black poppy disappointed in your posts encouraging lenience with NON PAYING PESTS !!!! if all sellers let these PESTS as you do, they would just go on to do it AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Open an Unpaid Item Dispute and in 4 days when he doesnt pay close the case, receive your FVF credit and the buyer gets a strike

buyers like this deserve a strike

it **bleep**s me to tears that a buyer can buy and item then decide they dont want it anymore

dont want it? dont click BUY
Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

Just imagine what it going to be like in a month. Sell, send, use, change my mind after I wore it / watched it / played with it , displayed it etc for a month and then say I want a refund.  Mayhem to say the "bleeping" least . 

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

I too would open an unpaid dispute over a cancellation. Stuff them. If they are going to drag it our for 2 weeks before doing anything about it, they deserve to be punished.

I would also add them to your blocked buyer list to make sure they can't do this to you again.

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

I would definitely open an unpaid item dispute, add them to your blocked bidder list and make sure all your buyer requirements are set so you are as protected as much as possible against numpty non payers.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

WISHING TO CANCEL  thanks to kopenhagen5 25 may 2013

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Lame-excuses-from-buyers/m-p/341707#M30699

"Dear xxxxxxx

Sure, no problem. I understand you would prefer to cancel your purchase.

The method I use for closing a transaction is to follow the case procedure through ebay, hence you will still have the opportunity to purchase by paying within 4 days. Should you still wish to cancel the transaction, simply ignore the case and I shall close it on day 4. This then ensures that my ebay fees are credited back to my account. Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,"

Open a non paying case, this way buyer gets a strike against their account and you are ensured of getting fees back.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

@black*poppy wrote:

When this happens to me, I just send the mutual cancellation request.  Be sure to mark the Buyer changed mind circle (can't remember the exact wording).

Usually buyers will tick yes because otherwise they feel they will be obligated to purchase if they select No.

It is annoying when a buyer changes their mind, but you will get your fees back so no harm done.  And it's immediate.  If you open and UPI dispute (which is a bit nasty) it drags on for 8 days before you can close it.  

A bit nasty.................did you read the opening post. After repeated emails the buyer couldn't even be bothered to answer for 2 weeks. They deserve a strike.

Very rarely agree with HBH on anything, but do with their post on this thread.

The buyer is a non paying PEST... open an unpaid dispute ASAP. 

black poppy disappointed in your posts encouraging lenience with NON PAYING PESTS !!!! if all sellers let these PESTS as you do, they would just go on to do it AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN.

*Faints* OMG.....wonders never cease Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Hi thanks for replies now added note have recieved abusive email from this buyer (I have reported it to ebay) warning me to stop hassassing her called me a frootloop & thin skinned plus more !most upsetting also threatens to warn everyone about me.

Had to get this off my chest thanks

Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

That's why you do an UPI over a cancellation.With an attitude like that,i bet she has done this a few times before.

If you cancel the buyer can ignore that request & you can't change it to UPI to get your fees back.If they agree to cancel you may get a defect which probably won't get removed.Also, the so called buyer may get annoyed at some point  like your nasty BBL is now, & leave you neg fb.

My Buyer Requirements Log is filled with auto rejected bids from  buyers with Too Many Unpaid Item Strikes.These are all people who have messed other sellers around & thanks to those sellers giving them a strike,i don't have to deal with them.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Just about everyone here has said to open an unpaid items dispute and your latest email from the buyer proves that is absolutely what you need to do.

The fact this buyer didn't respond to your messages for nearly 2 weeks shows they aren't the type to be quick off the mark and can tend to ignore messages.

Just imagine if you sent a cancellation request and they chose not to reply to it.

My understanding is you are the one who would be left in limbo, unable to start an unpaid item dispute and unable to get your fees back.

Blow that. Why should you risk it for a 'buyer' who is just wasting your time and a trouble maker to boot?

It isn't nasty, it is just business like. And I say that as a buyer and not as a seller. I pay up when I bid and I don't see why others should be allowed to break rules and get away with it and stay on ebay unchecked. 

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply