buyer returned item and i don't want to pay ebay fees

item got damaged in transit, i have refunded the buyer in full and do not want to pay seller ebay fees for an item i still have in my pocession. 

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You should have the option to cancel the transaction - look in the dropdown menu next to the item (under 'More Actions'). 

It's probably a good idea to give the buyer a heads-up that the cancellation is going to be sent, because they will receive notification from eBay about it and will probably be asked to confirm they received a refund. (You only get two choices when selecting the reason, use 'buyer requested to cancel or there's a problem with the address', which is more appropriate in this case, and because the other option will result in a defect. 

NB: Just in case the buyer actually opened a formal request via eBay, the FVFs were probably credited if/when the refund was issued via the request - if that's what happened, you should be able to check the credit on your account history.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

I've just had an email from a friend who was in almost exactly the same situation as this. Her buyer told her about a problem and posted the item back.

Here is what my friend said in the email:

I received it back from the buyer, and it's all intact, and I have refunded her in full with the postage (but not the postage she paid to send it back, that was her own expense).
I just did a live written chat with an ebay rep, and they have checked it all out and gave me back a final value credit fee of about $xx, .so all good.

So maybe that would work for you too. Worth a try, anyway.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply