can I cancel a bidder who lives overseas and has ignored the no international postage information

dn1940
Community Member

A bidder has posted the final bid from overseas, when the description of the goods states no international postage. Can I cancel his bid and offer to the next highest bidder?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

can I cancel a bidder who lives overseas and has ignored the no international postage information

saarzi
Community Member

You might want to check with the buyer to see if he wants this item posted internationally or domestic, noting there is no international delivery on this item.

I move between countries, and often buy things that state no international postage while I am in their country. I usually send a note to the seller at the time though!

Not sure, but I think you need to have international buyers actually blocked for the sale (not just no international delivery stated in the listing). If thats the case, send the buyer a mutual cancelation request with a note saying no international delivery on this item. Someone might say different though...

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Sadly the description stating no iternational bids is not good enough, you have to have your item (or account) set up as NO international sales.

You can cancel the bid, or refund if they have paid and let them know you do not post OS, but you can also receive a negative FB for not following through with a transaction, and the buyer is well within his rights to do just that.

Check your account and make sure you have all the relevant 'exclusions' in place.

You can not just ignore this purchase and relist, you need to ask the buyer if they are willing to cancel and follow procedure.

Once this trnsaction is closed, whether it be via cancellation or receiving a negative for not honourng a sale, then you can relist.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

You need to go into your Buyer Requirements and select the option that you will not send to countries that have a primary deliery address that you do not post to.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I had the same trouble selling a gramophone & the buyer was  zero buyer from India (impossible to send) I cancelled the sale thinking that was the right thing to do  &  got a defect. I find it a bit off you using expressions like  " not honouring sale " &  "well within his rights'  What about the rights of the seller who clearly lists  No international Postage & the buyer ignores that causing the seller to sort it out? I have since blocked international sales but did not know I could do that at the time & I am sure a lot of ebayers may not know that.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply