can you put a not paid on buyer after cancel request not responded to by buyer and case closed.

Community Member

buyer purchased then said couldn't afford and advised i could relist or second chance.  Sent them a cancel request, no response, so closed case.  Can i now put a non payment on item?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

can you put a not paid on buyer after cancel request not responded to by buyer and case closed.

no you only get the one chance.

which is why you should always open a non payer against any ''buyer'' who changes their mind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

why would you want to do that? you would have got your FVF returned once the cancellation was finalized.

If only to give buyer a strike after you agreed to cancel, that is a bit slack.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Buyer didnt agree to cancel

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

No, but it seems you did.  You were happy to agree to the cancellation request, whether the buyer responded to the cancellation or not is irrelevant.  You should not penalise the buyer after the fact if you agreed to cancel in the first place.

Many buyers do not realise they have to do anything when they receive the cancellation notice, (they rarely read descriptions so why would they read messages).  I always send an reply to their cancellation request along the lines of:

I will request a mutual cancellation of this sale, you will receive a message advising of this and you must respond to the message to confirm you agree, that way neither of us is penalised. 

I fiond if they think they may be up for  a penalty for not confirming, they almost always respond immediately.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply