cant place items for sale????

So I just tryed to put a few more items up for sale, I have put 1 item this month up for sale and it is saying i cant put any more up as I'm at my limit of 10 items....is this a ebay glitch or is there something I'm missing???

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

To sort this listing limit, I would ring eBay, or request a callback - they can usually adjust it on the spot.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Actually OP in your listing it shows a quantity of 10 is available.

so there is your 10 freebies used up.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

As a new seller, eBay restricts the number of items you can sell in any month.  If you have a limit of 10, that number includes any active listings (including multiple quantities) plus any sold listings for the month.  So for example if you had 6 listings still active at the end of last month, and two of those were quantity of two, that counts as 8, then if you also had two sales since the beginning of this month, they make up your 10 items, so you can't list any more until the end of the month unless oneof your active listings ends without a sale.

You can request a limit increase once a month, use the link at the top of your My eBay page where your limit information sits.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks, but I have only posted one item since I started selling yesterday, I planned on putting a few more on today but it wont let me. It says i have reached my limit of ten yet I have only listed one item.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

To sort this listing limit, I would ring eBay, or request a callback - they can usually adjust it on the spot.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

I think I will do that, thank you.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Actually OP in your listing it shows a quantity of 10 is available.

so there is your 10 freebies used up.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

oh.... ok i get it, thank you very much for clearing that up...i didnt even think of that

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

I think if you go thru some account validation steps including attaching a valid credit card to your account that should automatically increase your limit to 100.

Other than that you could try calling ebay and requesting a selling limit increase, but as pointed out above you can only do that every 30-days and they may not agree to do it.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

yeah I cant do it, I had to of sold something in the last 90 days.. but thats ok..guess i cant sell anything again till next month... bit rough when you're trying to get a business of the ground but i guess those are the rules...

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@biostalker wrote:

yeah I cant do it, I had to of sold something in the last 90 days.. but thats ok..guess i cant sell anything again till next month... bit rough when you're trying to get a business of the ground but i guess those are the rules...

Depending on how many items you have, you would be better having say 5 different items with a quantity of 2 each than just 1 item with 10 available? At the moment you are giving yourself only one chance of a sale? You could always put in your listing "more than one (or two) available for sale, if you want more please contact us", that way, if somebody does want four for example, you can edit all the quantities so you can sell four to that buyer?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply