change coming to return request; better? Nah, you dreaming

Hi guys

I noticed a change while handling a recent return request, made me want to puke.

It happened on ebay.com; but as always, it will come to ebay Au soon.

Now, if buyer opens a return request says INAD, or wrong item received, buyer is still not required to provide any sort of evidence to support their claim, but seller MUST upload return label #, or proof that return cost has been sent to buyer.

If you don't, full refund to buyer automatically~~~~ yeah~~~~

So called "return label" is already BS enough, it may work domestically but is a pain in the back; then how is it going to work internationally?

Is there such a thing as "prepaid international postal service" available in any country in the world? NONE!

The other option is to send money directly to buyer? So whats's next? Buyer can keep the item and also enjoy free money?

Whoever came up with this idea has obviously lost connection with the real world; they may need some help to pull their heads out of their own a**es.

You know what, I think it's time to stop being a seller, time to become a free shopper instead.

Because everything is free!

No, no, don't you blame me, ebay made me this way.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

yes the buyers do take advantage of the return request .  I've had buyer buy a perfectly as described and photographed bag.  even sent it to them via express post.  now nearly 3 weeks later they've put in a return request, saying the bag is black not grey.  It's well and truly grey  and in perfect condition,  but no I have no choice in the matter and have to refund the purchase costs plus return postage costs.  Do I feel ripped  off,  Yes.  and I also copped over $1.00 in an extra paypal fee for the reversal transaction.  Buyers should do a return request immediately  in such cases and not weeks later when they've more than likely used the item.  If it was really black and not grey you would notice that straight away.  

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Sounds like they wanted it for an event, maybe a wedding or graduation and now have no further use for it. Youwouldn't be the first person that has happened to. 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply