come on ebay free listings :)

come on ebay show us the xmas spirit with unlimited free listings for EVERYONE for the months of December and January lol

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

totally agree.

Yes Please, Please Ebay

.Give us free listings to help sell our goods so we can buy our family presents.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

totally agree.

Yes Please, Please Ebay

.Give us free listings to help sell our goods so we can buy our family presents.

and old Scrooge Mc Ebay says,

Bah Humbug

tell em to buy their own presents groviling peasants!

No One EVER Buys Me Presents!!

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

You've been getting an extra 200 (or 500) per month for the last 8 months.

How much more do you want? As stores haven't had a freebie (over and above the extra 200 or 500 for the last 8 months) for over a year, why would you expect more now?

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

How many times have I said that while they are nice when they happen, people shouldn't become dependant on the freebie promotions? My reasoning was, eBay could stop them at any time. Of course I liked them and took advantage of them, but I didn't depend on them, just in case. Even when the unlimited or 1,000 promotions were on, I didn't go crazy listing a heap of stuff, otherwise everything drops into unsold and you've got no hope of relisting them all before they drop off the system.

If eBay was going to issue a "Christmas promotion", they would have done it by now. Last year it was in November (3 of them from memory), to allow people to list more and buyers still had time to get them before Christmas.

Maybe this is eBay's way of getting the dependant people to open a store?

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

Doesn't hurt to beg, even though they don't officially read this forum. ๐Ÿ™‚

PLEASE EBAY!

I, in particular, do not wish to pay more to list items on here when it hardly results in any sales these days.  I've been selling more through my website and Facebook than on here.

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

Not quite true, the last free listings we had was in Sept. None for Oct or Nov. So all my extra Christmas stock has been put away.

Doesn't worry me too much,  it's Ebay missing out on the FVFs and on postage.

And as for opening a store, been there, done that, makes no difference to sales now days, as they turn the lights out.

Luckily my items are only hand made crafts, so can now catch up on reading. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

@transport-posters wrote:

Doesn't hurt to beg, even though they don't officially read this forum. ๐Ÿ™‚

PLEASE EBAY!

I, in particular, do not wish to pay more to list items on here when it hardly results in any sales these days.  I've been selling more through my website and Facebook than on here.

try offering your first born, might work.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

@beallieblue-oz wrote:

Not quite true, the last free listings we had was in Sept. None for Oct or Nov. So all my extra Christmas stock has been put away.

Doesn't worry me too much,  it's Ebay missing out on the FVFs and on postage.

And as for opening a store, been there, done that, makes no difference to sales now days, as they turn the lights out.

Luckily my items are only hand made crafts, so can now catch up on reading. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Extremely true. Op has a store. Stores haven't had any specific freebies since November last year. What they have had is double included listings in their store subscription since April. 200 = 400, 500 = 1000.

Op has 400ish listings, so has not needed any more than what was offered. Maybe they are looking at next month, when they will revert for what they pay for.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

It still isn't like the free-for-all listings that used to come up for either stores or non-stores every couple of months; I haven't been eligible for any bonus listings since the first half of the year when they had 1000 for everyone after a number of months of absolutely nothing, of which I used about 130 before running out of stuff worth listing, and had a ton of footy cards to do away with anyway.

Every single other free listing promotion that has been pasted on here has been invitation only and has required eBay to have already emailed you. 2664 only works on a select few sellers and I do not qualify for that one. If the one back in April or so didn't work, I would have had no free listings beyond 40 a month for over a year.

It isn't worth throwing away 4 or 5 cheap games a month in order to keep eBay happy by buying into 200-400 listings. If the basic store was something like $5 and offered no less than 100 listings and still allowed the 3 free relists, fair enough, sacrifice an EA Sports title for the greater good. Speaking of which, I'm still worried that they will eventually copy America and turn that into 1 relist only but of course happily keep the same insertion fees of $1.50 compared to thirty cents over there. Anyone would think our dollar had dropped to 0.20 USD going by eBay's prices.

In a nutshell, when will the next lot of no-strings-attached free listings actually be? I have had no more than 40 a month for the past six or more months. If I see $1.50 show up, I leave the game until next month. If eBay drops the 40 listings entirely, I'm moving elsewhere or dumping the lot at Cash Converters for the paltry sum of a few bucks they're most likely to give me; I'm sure they'd happily offer 10 cents each. Why is TradeMe so useless anyway? They could have been as big as eBay itself if they simply allowed people outside the tiny country of New Zealand to buy things, but no, the only place they can ship to outside New Zealand itself is Australia, and Australian sellers are very few and far between due to the rules they have on the site, not to mention TradeMe doesn't even accept PayPal. It's sad, because that site seems to be well designed and actually loads quite fast unlike eBay, which is like trying to load Encarta 97 on a 486.
Message 10 of 33
Latest reply