confusion about defects..

I have a buyer who used the email tag " item not as described" when wanting to return an item. pics were blurry, and she didn't see the shirt pattern properly.

anyway, I have it back, and am ready to refund , but don't want a defect.. what do I do?

Will ebay already consider it a defect as she had used that header in messages?

this all sucks.

she may leave defect herself anyway, she seems nice enough, but who knows.

what's the best course of action.

cheers

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ok do not refund the full amount through paypal refund button. I copped a defect for it. If you cancel the transaction you will also cop a defect.
It not ideal but do the refund as send money to family or friends. But in the message section write that it is a refund for ebay item number such and such. Make sure the buyers paypal email is correct first.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

ok do not refund the full amount through paypal refund button. I copped a defect for it. If you cancel the transaction you will also cop a defect.
It not ideal but do the refund as send money to family or friends. But in the message section write that it is a refund for ebay item number such and such. Make sure the buyers paypal email is correct first.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

thanks Harley, will do that.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If you do as suggested you may end up with your Paypal account suspended, using a personal transaction for making a business payment is not allowed and also the buyer could still open a dispute and would win with another refund as you have no direct proof that you have refunded thsat payment.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

bloody hell.. so what do I do?

btw, do ebay read our messages in our email accounts?

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You could do a bank transfer into their account. But again you have no proof you have provided a refund. You would have to trust that your buyer would not open a case and go for s double refund.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

now and again when selling more than one item to a buyer the invoice has not combined and they pay double postage. I used to reimburse them via paypal, would this now count as a defect? This happened recently and I just put the extra cash in the parcel as I wasn't too sure how it would affect my account giving a refund.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply