delaying payment to 1 nov

an o/seas buyer purchased a buy it now item on 22/10.  so far no contact at all & no payment.  if they delay ther payment to 1 nov are they covered by the 180 day guarantee.....as in I'm expecting if they pay they may pay then and perhaps anticipate a scam.  this is of course thinking the absolute worst but wondering if even though its purchase prior to the changeover whether they'd be legible?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

have you opened a non payment case?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

If they are a US or UK buyer, I think you will find they are already covered by this policy (I could be wrong, but I think they have had it for a while and if we sell to other countries we have to abide by their rules).

Regardless, if they have not responded in over a week, just do the NPB thing and let it run its course.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I could be wrong but I think it would go by the sale date not the payment date.Same as i think/hope that an item listed before Nov 1 goes by the old rules.Also not sure but i think it goes by the eBay.au rules even for an overseas transaction.I saw a .com board reply something along those lines.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

yes I have opened a NBP a few days ago.  still no response

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@onekiwi0 wrote:

an o/seas buyer purchased a buy it now item on 22/10.  so far no contact at all & no payment.  if they delay ther payment to 1 nov are they covered by the 180 day guarantee.....as in I'm expecting if they pay they may pay then and perhaps anticipate a scam.  this is of course thinking the absolute worst but wondering if even though its purchase prior to the changeover whether they'd be legible?

If they are in the UK, they already have 180 coverage via PayPal - it's being introduced in the US and Australia on the 18th of November. 

The 1st of November is when eBay's Money Back Guarantee is being introduced to Australia, which is 30 days after the estimated delivery date, but that is already available in the US and UK (not 100% sure about other sites). The info states all purchases made on or after 1st November are eligible, so purchases made prior to that (no matter when paid) would not be eligible (for Aus. buyers, anyway - if the buyer's country already has eBay's MBG in place, the purchase is eligible under their site's policies). 

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

I know (now) the 45 day thing is from date of purchase and not date of payment!!! So I'm guessing that delaying payment until after the 1st won't make any difference. Thankfully my seller was more than willing to refund me. I thought it was from payment date and when I went to open a INR case, it said I was too late. I think the seller was just grateful I didn't open a case against them.

It was an overseas seller and usually when I buy from them I buy over a couple of weeks until I've filled a box. They've always been happy for me to do that and send me a message when I've got a full box. I think possibly being a good customer helped get a refund without any hassles, even though the 45 days had well and truly passed. The box ended up getting RTS a few weeks later......it hadn't even left their country!

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

So anything listed before Nov ! that will require payment after Nov 1 is in the new MBG?

Just curious to know as I am wanting to list things by tomorrow night & don't know what the rule is on that.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Happy to stand corrected, but it sounds to me like if it sells after Nov 1, regardless of when the listing started, it will fall into the new rules.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Wasn't sure on that & hoping to get a few listings in before Nov 1.While I am happy to refund on return if it is my error,i am not happy with the tangled defecty  new rules & not too keen to sell under those scam prone conditions.

I'm pretty sure any listings after Nov 1 will need the update to link from PayPal to bank acc details to allow eBay to take refunds if PayPal acc has no $ in it.Had to do that with my buying acc to list on it 2 weeks ago.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply