does ebay give buyers strike against them if they do not pay for their item when purchsed

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

does ebay give buyers strike against them if they do not pay for their item when purchsed

Yes

If you have the blocks in place to stop non payers then you can see they have been blocked when you look at them

The ID does not show but it shows the item number they tried to buy and the reason being too many unpaid item strikes.

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerRequirementsActivityLog

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

If you go through and complete an unpaid item dispute they do,

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

It's a pity their user ID is not published, but this is what you'll see if somebody tries buying an item but has too many strikes.

2014-12-20 10-36-11.png

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I had one a few weeks ago with too many unpaid strikes and had a whopping 3 feedback. Not a good start to their eBay buying experience. They have since increased to 9 feedback, which proves not everyone has blocks in place to stop them.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I think the answer is no.

It won't happen on its own. Ebay doesn't go through every sale record, looking to see if the little 'paid' icon is marked.

A person could blithely buy lots of ebay items and then just fail to pay for them and ebay would not automatically do anything at all.

A strike is a seller initiative. If a seller has an item that has not been paid for, they need to actively do something-put in an unpaid item dispute and carry through with it.

Only then will ebay issue a strike against the buyer's account.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply