downgraded store, sales going gang busters.

Just thought people may be interested in the results of downgrading one of my stores.

Sales on my smaller store have not been brilliant and I am slowly easing out of ebay to concentrate more time on another venture. The introduction of GST charges on ebay fees was the straw that broke this little camels back. I decided to downgrade my smaller store from featured to basic in order to keep a lid on the ever increasing ebay fees. My main concern with this, was wether it would affect my visibility in searches and sales. I thought if it did not work out, I would just shut the store completely and concentrate on the two selling accounts I would have left.

Well the results are in and I have just had my best sales in 18 months on the smaller store. In the last 30 days it has outsold my larger store which has four times as many listings. Sales for the last 30 days are 2.6 times higher than Junes figures. Basically it would seem the store catagory selected does not affect visibility or sales and sales are not affected by downgrading from a higher ranked store to a lower grade store.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You're beating the system don't tell anyone!!

Congratulations though.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

First the bait and then the switch?

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I opened a store a few months back and sales plumeted even with the increased amount of items for sale. Closed the store and within 2 weeks - my sales were back up to where they were pre-store. 

Yea - I hear ya !!!  Thought it was just me . 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply