eBay deducted money from my paypal account to refund a buyer to who I had already paid a refund

I refunded a buyer who returned an item, but as I had not made a refund before I mistakenly made a payment to the buyer. The buyer had opened a case for a refund. I contacted eBay by en

mail and by phone but they still went ahead and deducted money from my Paypal account and paid it into my buyers account. I have spent 5 hours sending screenshots and talking to eBay by phone who ask for screenshots but when I send them they tell me to send them to another address. My buyer has sent me screenshots of her Paypal account and after speaking with Paypal they have put my refund to the buyer on hold . The 2 payments show up clearly in my buyers Paypal account. eBay have not been helpful at all with this matter and I have spent hours fiddling around and talking with different people 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay deducted money from my paypal account to refund a buyer to who I had already paid a refund

Have you spoken to a supervisor?

it sounds like you need to do that, rather than keep talking to bots

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Is the buyer being upfront about there being 2 payments, or are they trying to pull a swifty? If they are being upfront, they can send it back at no cost to them. If they are trying to pull a swifty and eBay allows it to happen, tell the buyer you will be reporting them for online fraud if they don't return one of the payments. The online fraud police take these matters seriously.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I think they need to get this sorted with ebay.  Ebay refunded as well.

Otherwise they might end up with a defect for not resolving it with the buyer.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ask your buyer to refund YOUR *payment* thus leaving them with the ebay refund.

Your interactions with ebay have not got you very far to date......  backwards if anything.

Otherwise, as already mentioned, ask to speak with a supervisor.

What a PITA Man Sad 

Best of luck with it all

xxj

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply