eBay overcharging on Auspost labels again?

This was happening a while back but it seems to be happening again... last month my eBay invoice debited me $25.05 for a postage label costing $22.77, and $27.15 for a label costing $24.68. I got charged the correct amount for a dozen other labels, however.

Chatted to eBay about it and was told I'd be informed when it had been looked into, but have heard nothing since and had no credits on my account. Anyone else noticing these extra charges?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Sigh. I thought it was just my imagination seeing the discrepancy between my last month's invoice and my shipping labels, but seeing as how you posted this topic, it obviously isn't and I've been overcharged too. Now I'm forced to chase up on it and demand credit.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Are you including eBay FVFs in the total?

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

The FVF is listed elsewhere on the invoice as the FVF is calculated from the amount the buyer actually pays. The charges I'm referring to are listed as Australia Post Parcel Post labels generated via eBay - they are payments that I made, not the buyer. They're mostly correct - last month I just had the two that were overcharged. The confirmation emails did have the correct amount listed. Last time this happened it was just a few cents on each label - this time it's 10% and only on the more expensive labels.

These errors were from May. I just discovered another one in June - out of half a dozen Auspost labels I created, one is overcharged by 10%. Off to make another fruitless call to Customer Service.

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

The amounts are correct,you have been charged the 10% fee for postage.

Ebay had a 10% discount on ebay postage there for a while that's why those other charges are also correct.

So unless you don't get charged a fee for postage then these amounts are correct?

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

The 7% (not 10%) FVF on both the item and the postage paid are elsewhere on the invoice.

The 10% I'm talking about has been added to the Auspost label I bought. If this is a new fee then why is it only on some of the postage labels, not all? They're all the same Parcel Post labels.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

I get charged 10% fee on ebay postage as most sellers do.

But ebay had a 10% discount on postage so I paid less for postage for a few weeks meaning the postage charged by ebay never changed.

But others were charged a 10% fee that's why mine had a 10% difference.

This could be the same in your case?

Do you or have you ever been charged a 10% fee on top of the postage cost because this policy has been in place for a while now for normal non store sellers.

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

I do have a store. I pay a 7% final value fee on the postage paid by buyers. This is NOT about that FVF postage fee. It's an additional and apparently random 10% on some of the AusPost labels that I've created.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

sigh ......... and how many others may have been charged incorrectly, or at the very least, do not understand the complicated invoice ..... ?

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Ok please let us know the outcome of why ebay has charged you extra,good luck.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply