ebay and Chrome

pnc75
Community Member

Is anyone else having trouble opening ebay on Chrome? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

It will open every other site, just doesn't like ebay for some reason. I do have Adblock on but surely that wouldn't affect it? TIA

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: ebay and Chrome

I'm using Ebay on Chrome too with no problems (with AdBlock too)

Perhaps clear the cache?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

i use Chrome on my other account and find it quicker than Firefox.

Clear your Cookies and Cache,(it's the most common fix for trouble with eBay loading).

Just make certain you know all your passwords.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Just check that AdBlock hasn't crashed. Is the red symbol up the top still showing as red? I've also found AdBlock on Chrome can sometimes chew a fair bit of CPU. A forced crash via task manager and a restart in settings usually fixes it. Try the cache cleaning first though.

If you have Facebook open, that can slow things right down, especially on eBay. It's a memory hog. If all else fails, run a cleaner to remove any carp. Mr Tippy often has the trouble you're mentioning and running a few carp cleaners sees it right. If you're running Windoze, make sure it's up to date.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I am using Chrome and it's open as ok as it ever does

I seem to recall reading something about Chrome ditching Javascript, but I'm not positive

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I'm using Ebay on Chrome too with no problems (with AdBlock too)

Perhaps clear the cache?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

i use Chrome on my other account and find it quicker than Firefox.

Clear your Cookies and Cache,(it's the most common fix for trouble with eBay loading).

Just make certain you know all your passwords.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Just check that AdBlock hasn't crashed. Is the red symbol up the top still showing as red? I've also found AdBlock on Chrome can sometimes chew a fair bit of CPU. A forced crash via task manager and a restart in settings usually fixes it. Try the cache cleaning first though.

If you have Facebook open, that can slow things right down, especially on eBay. It's a memory hog. If all else fails, run a cleaner to remove any carp. Mr Tippy often has the trouble you're mentioning and running a few carp cleaners sees it right. If you're running Windoze, make sure it's up to date.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

pnc75
Community Member

Well I think it was caused by a corrupted bookmark. When I went into ebay AU I had no problems at all, so I deleted the old bookmark and made a new one. The new one worked perfectly this morning, so fingers crossed.

However, we did delete the cache and cookies later on yesterday just to be sure. Thanks to all. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I do agree that CHrome works only with Adblock with eBay, It seems eBay is using some dodgy ads system and it is not eBay pages that are loading longer now it is ads that are coming from this system take a lot of time to load. All thanks go to eBay again and again.

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply