aps1080
Community Member

From my POV,

Bid retractions: 25
Bid retractions (6 months): 49
Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

ebay need to take a close look at this guy

30 day period averaging 12 items a day  with 4 bids per item and feedback is private.

He's playing games.

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Playing games as in ?????

Please explain

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

If ebay didn't hide ID's I can go a bit deeper, that's why they need to check him out.

I would not be surprised if someone ended up with a bag full of items on a monthly basis the way he is going, but in his case I would be surprised if he ends up with anything.

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Sorry, I still don't get what you are trying to get at.

And, why the issue with what he is doing if it is not shill bidding ?????

Frankly, can't see why you would bother spending $96 on a $100 gift card when you can just go into Coles and get one, considering you need to go to Coles to spend it anyway. If it was $80, I could understand it.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Now that is more like it.

Probably got too much time on his hands.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

I've recently seen gift gard sell for more than their face value. I really don't get it. Why would someone pay $150 for a $100 BP fuel voucher? Makes no sense. People are idiots.

I think with some people, they are going to win the auction whatever it takes. They won't let someone else beat them so keep bidding, regardless of how much they pay in the end. I repeat, people are idiots.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

@i-love-my-sheep wrote:

I've recently seen gift gard sell for more than their face value. I really don't get it. Why would someone pay $150 for a $100 BP fuel voucher? Makes no sense. 

There is (added) value in other aspects of being able to buy these items on eBay.

If someone does not live near a certain shop, but wants to purchase a card for whatever reason, and said shop doesn't take PayPal or the cards can't be purchased online, then by their reasoning, they may have saved themselves a few bob even if they pay over face value. 

Of course, if it's for a gift, money is prolly just as good as a card, if not better (especially when we're talking about reducing something like $150 to $100....) 😄

It's not uncommon for people to bid well beyond what they expect to pay for something in an effort to win, obviously generally not expecting anyone else to bid (much) more than face value (i.e. it's an understandable, if but short-sighted, line of thinking to go 'I'll bid $150.00 cos no one else is gunna bid more than $100, then I'll definitely win and save myself the $100 round trip to the nearest town to buy and send a gift card...........oh....someone else actually had the same idea. Smiley Surprised Dang it." Smiley LOL

.....and, I'm just gonna leave this here 😛 (as a general comment / point; no offence, ill-will etc intended ...to anyone who has ever said this....cos that includes me ).

Spoiler
xkcd - People are Stupid
Message 10 of 28
Latest reply