ebay time wasters

Been buying and selling for years. Recently listed leather boots $15.00 never worn $8.20 flat rate postage Australia wide. Guy offers me $10.00 for me to drop item off miles away? I wrote back staing "sorry this is an auction and postage only". He wrote back again "still interested in these shoes I offered last time and happy to again"?  I answer "I cannot drop off sorry. I can send express postage for next day delivery if you wish but will cost the extra postage.Thanks" I then get reply   "I am always just seeing what way, if any, purchases & receipt of items can be worked into everyday life. Y'know... Barter.... Trade... Used shoes... Dollars... Not rude replies.... No longer interested.

Wow what rude reply!?? I am never rude but this time after being accused of such I was....My next reply :

Hello, after reading your email again I don't think you are fully aware of how ebay works?
This sale in particular is an auction. You bid for the item in increment's not offer less (barter as you say).
Or there are the types of sales, buy now or make an offer.
Where it says postal with a charge, means the item will be posted at this cost.
On some listings it will state free postage which is often pick up only.
To sell items on ebay takes time to list an item and then there are the ebay seller fee charges.
Perhaps you have been dealing with Gumtree which works entirely different to ebay.
My listing clearly stated all this, yet you offer a minimal amount and want it delivered!?
Then you accuse me of being rude when I stated an auction and postal options?
Maybe you should not buy on ebay wasting peoples time stay with Gumtree.....You GUMBOOT!!
Now this is rude! 🙂

I hate these time wasters, if you do not know how ebay works dont use this sytem! I sent this reply which was rude and I am not  sorry for it, as getting so very tired with these watsers!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

ebay time wasters

I hear you, time wasters they are....

one said I'll offer you $12 and "you can put it in a small bag" ...no concept of how postage is calculated by australia post and weight.......let alone ebays 10% charge - and this was on a brand new item RRP$90!

or the same morning I had a buyer who kept offering a best offer going up in .50c increments.  I kept sending back the same amount and said I would not accept any less  - you would think they were deliberately trying to be painful!

best advice, as you picked never be rude and if they are time wasters only reply when good for you, they'll get the hint if you don't answer, alot come out of the woodwork 2 hrs before an auction end..thinking your desperate to sell, if I'm desperate to get rid of something I'd rather give to charity.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

ebay time wasters

I'd be putting them on my Blocked Bidder List if I was you.  Just to stop them buying a cheap item from you just to enable them to trash your feedback and DSRs.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

ebay time wasters

Only wasting your time as you spent the time responding.

Outragous requests or offers go on BBL and I then ignore them. They would be a high pain risk if they ended up purchasing anyway

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

ebay time wasters

I think you're right about the BBL but the message that was sent did make me smile and I bet it gave that seller a lot of satisfaction to give a blunt reply.

It is so rude to offer less than the starting price in an auction. What got me is the person making the offer did not even offer to pick up but expected the seller to deliver!!

If someone messaged me saying i had been rude, I would be tempted to say i thought they were the rude one for expecting an item cheaper than listed and to top it off, not even offering to pick up.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

ebay time wasters

How many of you guys have buyers asking to cancel because their kids were playing with their parents phone and bought an item by mistake?

I have had two in this year. One kid even paid for the item through paypal(I guess it was a very smart kid who knew all passwords) and another who I was told is only 3 yo have changed quantity and made it to checkout.

What bother me in this situation is that I asked these two buyers stop giving their phones to kids because it was not a play and they were  wasting my time. Then I agreed to cancel and asked them to confirm a cancellation to ebay. And you know what, none of these two parents done it. I had to wait more than 10 days until it was cancelled automatically. These buyers did not even care to do it right and fix their fault. They simply did not respond to cancellation requests. 

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

ebay time wasters

I would now be checking to see if you received two lovely defects for cancelling,be careful when you cancel a transaction because without the correct reason you will find you have been given a defect for doing it.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

ebay time wasters

I have lost a fixed paypal fee the one that has been paid for for sure but they all have been cancelled with "Buyer asked to cancel it". So there should not be any defects for these two.
Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply