ebay zzzzz - boring

In regards to the decline of ebay for sellers of a certain size

I am one of them

I have just sent a message to Quicksales asking them to lift their game so they can attract more of us and hence more buyers.

They have many good points they can sell themselves on v ebay

They pay tax

They are cheap

They are Australian

I would like to suggest any disgruntled sellers do the same - let them know there are enough of us out there to make it worth their while to promote themselves more, and make a genuine effort v ebay

ebay don't want us, so we don't have alot of choice

Discuss

Robert

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

ebay zzzzz - boring

They didn't even send me the confirmation email when i tried to join up so i doubt they are going to read any suggestion i make about their site.

My 1st suggestion to them would be to allow people to join their little ghost town.More sad than eBay Smiley Sad

They can't be too smart or interested if they aren't taking advantage of eBay's situation.If they had catchy ads or any ads at all to attract business they would be booming.I have no respect for their lack of business sense.

No market presence = no sales.

insert cricket noise here.

Message 2 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Interesting point Narelle. I thought the same thing the other day. Why aren't the other sites taking advantage of the angst  Re ebay & advertising to the "max".  Surely their advertising teams would suggest that they try and infiltrate ebays lasoo ?  Even if it was 1%  ? I think, still signifigant enough ?? 

Message 3 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

absolutely agree with you robart.  I am making an effort to see if QS will work for me and I think the more of us who make an effort the more we will make it happen.

Message 4 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

I honestly don't understand why no other sales site has taken full advantage  of the masses of unhappy sellers wanting to jump off the S.S eBay Titanic.With a little innovation & marketing they would have a big opportunity to have a take the lead in online sales.They wouldn't get PayPal fee incentive but they would get $ from sale fees.Maybe they don't think it's enough to invest in.Dunno.

As it is,we have no other viable option.U.S sellers have the River,etsy etc,all we have is the jumbled mess that is Gumtree & SlowSales.

Message 5 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

I agree narelle,   for YEARS now, every time eBay puts in rules that sellers dont like,  so may say they are going over to QS (or even before that to Oziton) but what happens??  sure many sellers do go over but that site has NO INTERESTwhatsoever to attract buyers .. so a bunch of disgruntld eBay selllers just end up being a bunch of disgruntled QS sellers.... and sell a few things between each other but Buyers... real Buyers... have never heard of the place!!!!!!

so so many oortunities lost over at least 5 years now!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 6 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Yep you will barely get a sale on Slowsales, been there and done that, they make there money out of Carssales.com.au and couldnt give a bugger about Slowsales, even to sell there or anywhere else you are still stuck with Paypal, even if its not mandatary you still need to offer Paypal as it is for buyers the most trusted.

Message 7 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Yes hello again

I suggested to Quicksales that a critical mass of ebay sellers was building, and I'm sure it is

Theres no questioning ebay is going in one direction and we are going in another.

No one should hold onto ebay through sentiment or laziness, we are in business - arent we?

Maybe we should start opening shops on Quicksales while keeping ebay as well until the point where we have to jump

At least if the numbers on QS start to build, we could as members, start to put pressure on QS from within to lift their game a bit

Couldn't hurt to try?

Cmon people this stuff is great - Us little but united shops V International Tax dodging all powerful conglomerate

Yay us!

Your'e welcome

Robert

Message 8 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Hi,

I was booted off ebay last month because of cancelled transactions. i have since started listing on QS. i have had zero sales.

Regards

john

Message 9 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

If you think eBay is boring then you'll be extra extra bored waiting for sales on slowsales
Message 10 of 81
Latest reply