ebay zzzzz - boring

In regards to the decline of ebay for sellers of a certain size

I am one of them

I have just sent a message to Quicksales asking them to lift their game so they can attract more of us and hence more buyers.

They have many good points they can sell themselves on v ebay

They pay tax

They are cheap

They are Australian

I would like to suggest any disgruntled sellers do the same - let them know there are enough of us out there to make it worth their while to promote themselves more, and make a genuine effort v ebay

ebay don't want us, so we don't have alot of choice

Discuss

Robert

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

ebay zzzzz - boring

I know QS is slow as

The question is what will make it work

Thats basically up to QS themselves, but we can push and provoke them into action - can't we?

As well, if you wait long enough and you are a certain size seller, ebay will become just as slow for you

Should you just wait and hope or be proactive

Cmon people - fire it up !!

Robert

Message 11 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Tell me I'm slow .... but I don't know what QS is ... could someone explain ?

My complaint is that I was built up by eBay with 100-150 free insertions .... now they've completely stopped.  Things were going well before that 

Does is make sense to eBay? (it does to me) .... the more items I list, the more final value fees they receive.   I can't afford to pay fees both ends, as I try to keep my prices down.   If I put my prices up, my sales drop ๐Ÿ˜ž

I don't think eBay has many happy little sellers at present

Message 12 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

QS is quicksales, an Australian version of ebay, but with no get up and go!

Your story will become more and more familiar over the next couple of years, that's why we need a viable alternative

At the moment there are none, just hoping someone will see the oppotunity being created by ebays policies and strategys

thank you you're welcome

Robert

Message 13 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Thank you for such a quick response ๐Ÿ™‚

I will wait in hope !!

Are there others who have been taking advantage of the free insertion promotions ... now found they're completely dried up? 

I actually rang eBay and asked and they told me the usual story ... AND THEY DON'T WANT US TO GET USED TO THEM !  Why?

I think I'll go and have a drink (cup of tea that is)  ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 14 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

I got emails from QS on my new IDs & when I sent them an email (with my old ID) thru their webpage they took a couple of days to answer it.

My complaint was I couldn't answer or write a question on their forums - the page told me I didn't have permission to do so.  

Funny that, I was able to do so last October, but maybe because I changed my provider from bigpond to iinet last March.

Starting to think it's my provider they don't like, as I tried Chrome, Firefox, IE & Opera - but no go.  I can get into the selling/buying part OK.

Their Tech's are looking into it.

I dont understand why they couldn't put a flyer across their carsales adverts on the TV.

Message 15 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

If they can't get simple issues on user access right then I'm not interested or hopeful at all.

I've only looked at QS once & is a bit weird 'cos i couldn't look through a category.I had to type in an item & that doesn't cater for my impulse shopping whims.

No-one knows that they are around & they don't seem to care.

Message 16 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

I sent quicksales a message about 2 weeks ago, saying there are a lot of unhappy sellers at ebay looking for somewhere else to go.

Now might be a really good time to advertise and attract those sellers as well as buyers.

They replied saying thankyou, and they would look into it.

Here's hoping.

Message 17 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

oztion was terrible at marketing, they picked the wrong name, I still don't know the correct way to pronounce oztion for God sake.

Haven't tried Quicksales yet, bet ebay owns some of it, you never know!

Message 18 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

I had a look at shopify... you can do a free offline trial, and to be honest, I thought it looked great..

unfortunately, I don't have the time or energy yet to give it a proper go, my trial expired, it took me the trial to upload just one thing!  and not sure about their search coverage capabilities, or advertising but it looked clean attractive and cheap! ( at this stage anyway)

and you can carry over ebay items and feedback, so I think when they take off, and I am sure they will.  they will be very good.

Message 19 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

@lizzy6107 wrote:

I had a look at shopify... you can do a free offline trial, and to be honest, I thought it looked great..

unfortunately, I don't have the time or energy yet to give it a proper go, my trial expired, it took me the trial to upload just one thing!  and not sure about their search coverage capabilities, or advertising but it looked clean attractive and cheap! ( at this stage anyway)

and you can carry over ebay items and feedback, so I think when they take off, and I am sure they will.  they will be very good.

I tried jugemcart, a japanese cart, it was $9 a month with no restrictions, now they want 10% on every transaction... so back to square one... my friend uses wordpress with success.

Message 20 of 81
Latest reply