ebay zzzzz - boring

In regards to the decline of ebay for sellers of a certain size

I am one of them

I have just sent a message to Quicksales asking them to lift their game so they can attract more of us and hence more buyers.

They have many good points they can sell themselves on v ebay

They pay tax

They are cheap

They are Australian

I would like to suggest any disgruntled sellers do the same - let them know there are enough of us out there to make it worth their while to promote themselves more, and make a genuine effort v ebay

ebay don't want us, so we don't have alot of choice

Discuss

Robert

Message 1 of 81
Latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

ebay zzzzz - boring

Yes hello again

I honestly think the only alternative to ebay in Australia is Quicksales, but not Quicksales as it is now, Quicksales at it's best.

Reading forums on QS seems everyone knows they are **bleep**, and everyone lets QS know it, but, alas, they don't listen, and definately don't act

Anyone who cares or dares, let them know you want in - send them a message telling them so!

Tell anyone else you know on ebay about QS and get them in on it as well, the momentum and impetus for change has to start somewhere . . . . why not - nothing to lose

Give it a crack

Robert

Message 21 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

can't believe they bleeped out cr4p !!

Message 22 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

@robart05 wrote:

can't believe they bleeped out cr4p !!

I can't believe they haven't bleeped out this whole thread

walking backwards.gif

Message 23 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

I'm not scared

Message 24 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

@dotm2004 wrote:

Thank you for such a quick response ๐Ÿ™‚

I will wait in hope !!

Are there others who have been taking advantage of the free insertion promotions ... now found they're completely dried up? 

I actually rang eBay and asked and they told me the usual story ... AND THEY DON'T WANT US TO GET USED TO THEM !  Why?

I think I'll go and have a drink (cup of tea that is)  ๐Ÿ™‚

The free listing promotions are a BONUS from eBay, a gift if you like. They haven't completely dried up, they are a random thing. They don't have to give them out, but sometimes they do. They are not a given. If the 40 freebies a month aren't enough, create several selling accounts so you have more.

Message 25 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Hi Robert; Up until April 2013 I made a good supplemental living selling on QS only. For me it was an active & vibrant selling platform. (Different username to here) At that time (Apr 2013) they rejigged the seller pages to more prominently feature "Ask seller a question" which was in line with other sites within the company group. My sales slowed to a trickle over the following few months. Bolstered a bit by regular customers for awhile, but by now they are gone.

With the intro of ASAQ bold panel on all QS listings, even though the item may have had an auction &/or BIN price, I got irrelevant questions along the lines of "Is this item still for sale?"  The ASAQ was a disincentive to the impulse bidder/buyer. 

I was happy to get a $450 sale the other day on QS. Yes it was from an "Is this item still for sale" enquiry. I wish their Admin would get their heads out of the "CarSales" mindset. Admin on QS used to be absolutely wonderful! Real peoiple who'd take your phone call or reply promptly to any email.

(I haven't sold anything more than a coin for $5.00 odd to UK here on ebay within the last month - Oct) The rolling blackouts / blockouts on ebay are rediculous! Free listings or whatever on ebay are of no use unless they can be viewed! PS TRS & etc not worth a cracker!

As an instance of ebay blackouts I can categorically state that an item of jewellery of mine, by a prominent 1960's maker that I had listed on ebay for 10 days in August, had no lookers or watchers for that entire cycle.

45 minutes out from auction end time & it was still unsearchable! Not by maker, Danish, Denmark, Sterling Silver, brooch, jewellery, or any of the other keywords in the title line. Indeed the only item found by the artist was from an English seller's longterm BIN  listings viewable here on ebay AU.  My item just wasn't there! 45 mins out & counting down to the end of the ebay auction!

I checked on my computer & ipad, 2 adult daughters checked on different ebay mobile phone apps & a laptop. Nothing! The item later sold on QS.

Message 26 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

I just emailed QS as i used to sell with them years ago but it was like one item a month. I just asked them if have they got anything or planning anything to make their platform more viable now the eBay has bitten the dust with Google.

Message 27 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

maybe we could innundate them with questions to get them thinking . "Hey theres a BIG  door about to open here "

Message 28 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

I have had quite a bit of mail advertising ETSY over the last few weeks and seen quite a few ads on the internet, but nothing from anyone else. But

Message 29 of 81
Latest reply

ebay zzzzz - boring

Just a suggestion but perhaps Carsales are using Quicksales (which they own) as a tax write off write against the car sales side of their business. Businesses do this to lower taxes.

I am certainly disgruntled and am definitely closing down at the end of the month no matter what. I closed my store today but it will remain open until the end of the month so eBay have told me. What I do after that I don't know right now. I guess I'll have a little time off to settle my nerves before starting off on another site.

All I know is that I am not prepared to let eBay push me around, to take my stock and my money and ruin my reputation as an honest and hard-working seller with their stupid defects and unfair negs. They don't care about sellers they have told us that in so many ways.

Although I will be remianing here as a buyer simply because I have been a member of eBay since 2002 and have always done my shopping on eBay. I figure the poor sellers who stay behind may need all the good buyers they can get especially those who will not be dragging them down by putting in false claims, fiddling with their DSRs or leaving unfair negs Woman Frustrated

Message 30 of 81
Latest reply