express postage

This has probably been asked before but I missed it so please bear with me. I was looking through the top rated seller requirements and one was offering Express postage, Express postage was not covered by Paypal previously so has this changed or in order to be a TRS does one now have to waive Paypal protection?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

express postage

@beryl_green wrote:

thanks cq but I don't ever recollect a lodgement form when sending an Express article. I generally use Express postage for my work related postage and I just buy a bag, address it, take the sticker and hand it over the counter.

You can add signature on delivery to those satchels when lodging over the counter, which should provide a lodgement form or receipt with addressee details (additional $2.95).

You can also process express parcel labels via eBay or Australia Post Click & Send online, which should qualify for Seller Protection without adding signature on delivery if you keep a copy of the the label PDF that is generated and proof the item was lodged (lodgement receipt or scanning event).

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

express postage

That's because you are using Express Post satchels, Beryl, and they don't qualify for Paypal's Seller Protection. However, you are not restricted to using only prepaid satchels for Express Post. You can also provide your own packaging, in which case you will be required to complete a lodgement form which is stamped by the PO, and because you now have the documented name and address of the buyer, you now qualify for Paypal's Seller Protection, exactly the same as you would for any other parcel which is lodged over the counter.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

express postage

cq_tech
Community Member
Express Post satchels still aren't covered per se but Express Post parcels where a lodgement form needs to be completed and stamped by the PO are certainly acceptable by Paypal for their Seller Protection.
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

express postage

thanks cq but I don't ever recollect a lodgement form when sending an Express article. I generally use Express postage for my work related postage and I just buy a bag, address it, take the sticker and hand it over the counter.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

express postage

@beryl_green wrote:

You can add signature on delivery to those satchels when lodging over the counter, which should provide a lodgement form or receipt with addressee details (additional $2.95).

You can also process express parcel labels via eBay or Australia Post Click & Send online, which should qualify for Seller Protection without adding signature on delivery if you keep a copy of the the label PDF that is generated and proof the item was lodged (lodgement receipt or scanning event).

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

express postage

Express post satchels aren't covered?

i lodge them at A.P & in most cases i have to ask for the lodgement receipt.They look at me with baleful eyes & give it to me resentfully.

Is there a logical reason that express post isn't covered ?

I've not had a parcel go missing so it hasn't been an issue for me yet.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

express postage

That's because you are using Express Post satchels, Beryl, and they don't qualify for Paypal's Seller Protection. However, you are not restricted to using only prepaid satchels for Express Post. You can also provide your own packaging, in which case you will be required to complete a lodgement form which is stamped by the PO, and because you now have the documented name and address of the buyer, you now qualify for Paypal's Seller Protection, exactly the same as you would for any other parcel which is lodged over the counter.
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

express postage

thank you for your replies, all understood now Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

express postage

@2011.narelle wrote:

Express post satchels aren't covered?

i lodge them at A.P & in most cases i have to ask for the lodgement receipt.They look at me with baleful eyes & give it to me resentfully.

Is there a logical reason that express post isn't covered ?

I've not had a parcel go missing so it hasn't been an issue for me yet.

Hi, Narelle. This subject was discussed at great length in http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/eBay-Satchel-lodging-over-counter-lt-gt-Seller-Protection/td... so rather than trying to condense those 55-odd messages into one post here, I suggest that you have a good read of that thread and you'll soon understand why prepaid satchels are essentially not covered by Paypal for their Seller Protection, and because Express Post satchels lack the same documentation, they must therefore also be included.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply