feedback for unpaid items

Just wondering if anyone leaves feedback on buyers who don't pay and you get no communication from?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You can't leave a negative or negative comments, so why add to their fb number?

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

As "Stawks" has already mentioned you cannot leave NEG feedback or even a false POS as that is against policy and will earn you a slap if the buyer reports it to ebay. And ebay will remove the feedback anyway.

We only leave buyer feedback when we mail an item out. Which means if they don't pay they don't get feedback from us.

We just use this as another confirmation that the item has indeed been mailed.

What we do use it for is to attach a follow-up comment to if there is a problem downtrack with the buyer.

eg if they report the item as did not arrive then we always send out a replacement item.

Then we put a follow-up comment against the original feedback we left them that says:

"<UID>: Replacement sent for item reported lost in post <date>."

We put the userID in there so that other sellers can see it. Otherwise ebay hide this info and nobody else can see the userID.

Doing this means that if the buyer is a repeat offender (possible scammer) then if all sellers do this then it can be clearly seen that the buyer is likely a scammer.

We don't believe that this kind of follow-up comment is against ebay policy as its a non-emotional plain statement of fact. We have never been pinged for doing this and have been doing so for some years now.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Ebay will remove a negatve comment if the buyer reports it. However I doubt many buyers call eBay as the conversation would inevitably go something like this "Hello I bought an item & didn't pay for it -now the seller...."

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Ebay does not allow people to leave honest feedback fro such time wasters so no, I don't reward them when a green tick for making a fake bid

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Buyers do most certainly report false positive feedbacks and they do get removed and the seller gets their wrist slapped.  Why would anyone think it is OK for a seller to ignore ebay policy by leaving a false pos but it is wrong for a buyer to ignore those policies byy not paying?

Leaving a neg for non payers when it was allowed did nothing to lower the number of non payers and most buyers responded by leaving a neg in return. A neg did nothing to a buyer's ability to buy as even if a seller checked out the feedback of every bidder it would still not stop a last minute bid or the use of BIN. A number of retaliatory negs could seriously harm a seller and as many left less than polite and businesslike comments and followups that only put off prospectve,genuine buyers.

Considerng the number of sales I make compared with back when negs could be left (I never left them) for non payers I have a lower percentage now than I did then.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

There is a way to leave feedback to alert others to what happened.

I leave a bland positive... Thank you for purchasing..... then in the follow-up I put in something polite about the non-payment.  You can write whatever you like in the follow-up (excluding profanity, etc)

Stands out in their feedback beautifully. 

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Other than giving them an extra green dot what does that achieve?

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Oh well, if you don't see the value in it, it's probably not relevant to you anyway so not worth explaining.

At the very least it answered the OP's question

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

There is a way to leave feedback to alert others to what happened.

I leave a bland positive... Thank you for purchasing..... then in the follow-up I put in something polite about the non-payment.  You can write whatever you like in the follow-up (excluding profanity, etc)

Stands out in their feedback beautifully. 

But they didn't.   And that was the point of the OP

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply