go figure ebays new streamlined returns lol

I have had a buyer open a returns request of which I have agreed to without any fuss

just looking a the new returns menu which shows open cases and noted the following

step one - we have informed buyer to ship the item back by 26 NOV

step two - wait to get the item back before you refund buyer

step three four five blah blah blah

but then

Refund Due Date 24 NOV ???

step one - buyer to ship item back by 26 NOV

streamlined returns ... I don't think so lol

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

goldeagle1970
Community Member

Tippacle Ebay.

Do you have to pay for their return postage also.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Cat SurprisedCat FrustratedCat LOL

dear oh dear ... eBay, eBay, eBay ....

eBay can never seem to implement ANY of the schemes or systems they come up with EFFECTIVELY without GLITCHES and/or MISLEADING INFORMATION

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

the new improved cancellation procedure is a shambles too.

I am waiting for ebay to get word from from my buyer if he received a refund for which he is not entitled to (never paid for item)
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

*shakes head*

unfortunately I think the problems, glitches and the backlash are only just starting in Oz - IMO it will end in many more sellers and buyers looking elsewhere ...

The significant incompetence (and corporate arrogance) of the service provider that reaps billions for the online service it provides is revealing itself at new levels and impacting too negatively on too many of its "defective" subscribers.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

i don't mind paying fees for a service but this service is quickly going downhill.
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

ditto HBH

Cat Surprised

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

FaintsOMG Cats what's going on, this is the second time you have a greed with me.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

i got my first refund request this morning. it's all too confusing and I can't be bothered to learn about it.  Better things to do.  a refund should be simple. the buyer purchased in error. told the buyer no issues with the refund but I have not a clue how the system works please contact ebay to organise it as I cant just refund as I get a defect. if ebay want to implement a **bleep** process they can deal with the **bleep** that goes with it i'm not interested. with a bit of luck it will put the buyer off buying on here in future and they will come direct where a refund can be organised at the click of a button not some **bleep** convoluted process.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

this just gets worse. I opened this cancellation request on the 16th, ebay sent the buyer a message asking about being refunded, so it's been sitting in limbo since the 16th.this would have closed later tonight and all would have been ok but the buyer has paid so now I have this item sitting in my to post with a message still attached to it saying we are still waiting on a buyers response about the bloody refund. So now I will have to refund him so he can answer the question about being refunded to have it cancel. for god sake I wish they would leave things alone.
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply