going for a holiday from ebay

I don't understand what is happening with my sales .Last month about 1.1 sales per day.

Thois month is usually a good month .but only 5 sales so far , since 9/19  only 3 sales.

Listings have gone up, some new stock, fair prices and excellent feedback, so, what is happening ??

I know I am not the only seller feeling let down,.I am closing my shop for 3 weeks on Thursday and having a holiday.

Last time I put my store on holiday notice i was given late postage ratings even though i had posted the day i got back.

sorry to complain, but all is not well with ebay or the poor sellers at the recieving end.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Set your store so no-one can buy while you are away....that way you can't get low ratings for late postage.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Exactlythe reason why I came on here..... to find out if any other sellers are having a problem with sales.

This is rediculous!!

I am an eby seller for the last 10+ years and this is the worst year yet...Even putting items on sales

is not even creating a spark amongst buyers!!.I was starting to think it was my product andputting more energy into pushing my store but the more  look and think about it why bother.If EBAY is not getting the views on google how are we expected to sell our items.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

It's not you, it's a lot of people. China is flooding the place, which is affecting sales for a lot of people (I don't compete with China, but a lot do).

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I did that last time I had a holiday, it took me an hour to get ebay to take the defect off. thank you XX

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@lmckec2009 wrote:

I did that last time I had a holiday, it took me an hour to get ebay to take the defect off. thank you XX

I'd go even further & make sure that my listings finished a few days before my holiday started. If your items are buy it now, it would mean any purchases would be paid for and could be posted before you left. If they are auction format, have them finish at least 4 days prior to your break.

You won't win any brownie points from customers if they buy something & it isn't posted till after your holiday, even if you have a warning in the listing that things won't be posted after such & such a date. It mightn't be logical but it seems to be how it works.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Easy. Just set your stock levels to 0 ...that way your items are still listed but not showing and you keep your stats as well (how many sold etc) . You could put a big flashing neon sign above your listings that says -do not buy - and you would still get people come in an buy. 

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

@lmckec2009 wrote:

If customers cannot buy then how can you get a late postage defect?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I don't know 2 people bought both told me they saw the delayed posting time and that they were happy but ebay still put a defect on LXX

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

I suspect the buyers may have answered No to the question of whether their item arrived by the magical date that ebay says it should have arrived by when they left feedback.

I doubt that they even realised that the seller would be penalised by them answering honestly.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply