has everyone found Feb to be a bad month?

Just wondering is it just "my time" to be slow or is everyone having a slow month?

This months sales seem to be half of a normal month just wondering

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I think it comes down to what you are selling as to whether people want to buy it at any given time. I also think that sometimes the lights are only on in certain areas. Example being, this last 3 days, all my buyers were from FNQld, NT and Vic. I got one today from SA and another from NSW.

Haven't had any from WA for weeks and I normally send a far bit of stuff to WA. NSW is generally pretty quiet of late too and Tassie is non existent. The people in the area where your lights are on may not being looking for what you sell this week (I haven't checked to see what you sell), but might realise the need it next week.

I certainly don't want to rub anyone's nose in it, but I've had a pretty steady run since November. The last couple of weeks it has really picked up. I have no idea why because some of the things that have sold recently have been relisting since May/June last year!

I do really feel for those who this is their sole income and that income isn't coming in. For me, it's just pocket money, so no big deal if stuff doesn't sell. I do know what it's like not to have an income of any kind and it's extremely stressful. Not knowing if you're going to be able to buy food next week or pay that power bill is overwhelmingly stressful. I remember that feeling like it was yesterday, even though it was 10 years ago.

Hopefully everyone's lights get turned on again soon. Sooner rather than later! Hang in there.

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

I was having a good month until I got a NAD and a neutral (double defect) from a buyer who didn't like how her item looked on her, sales suddenly dropped off.

Fortunately I got a few sales from items with watchers and some sales from my website, otherwise I would have been devo 😞

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

I am having a great month.  Lots of  T.V series and movies being filmed this month  and my items are perfect  for them.  I hope the sales keep going, and I hope everyone else does well too! I 

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

@dud_chr wrote:

Just wondering is it just "my time" to be slow or is everyone having a slow month?

This months sales seem to be half of a normal month just wondering

We had the usual below average results except for 10 days when ebay forgot to hide our listings.

It went ballistic during that period but now sales are non-existent while our average settles back to that required.

This snip from alexa may say something about current sales:

ebay_alexa_23_2.JPG

Bounce Rate (%)
Percentage of visits to the site that consist of a single pageview.

Daily Pageviews per Visitor
Estimated daily unique pageviews per visitor on the site.

Daily Time on Site
Estimated daily time on site (mm:ss) per visitor to the site.

All parameters are decidedly negative so that would equate to fewer customers.

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

February is always quiet, lets hope March brings the buyers back.
Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

In retail Feb has always been a notoriously slow month, sales usually pick up mid March from memory.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

My February has been surprisingly above-average. Smiley Embarassed I do have some quiet moments, but overall it's been on-par with my Christmas sales (and even better elsewhere, funnily enough, which I think has a bit more to do with the drop in the Aussie dollar, as most customers there are from the US). 

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

atrocious ..ok first week last 3 weeks one sale

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Feb turned out to be an average month for me which isnt too bad

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
The number of items I sell EVERY month is almost identical. The profit goes up and down but thats due to my pricing and expenses.

So Feb was exactly the same as every other month. Still finding this bizarre since Im now selling over 200 items, when previously it was only 50 (I have no visible seller limits). Still selling the same number of items dispite listing four times the amount. Its literally defying statistical law.
Message 20 of 23
Latest reply