hmmm what's the deal!!!!!!!!

My auctions are like a bloody roller coaster! Bidders are retracting bids as fast as new bids are coming on. What gives? Has this turned into a bid now retract tomorrow site now since I was last on? Used to be once a bid was put in it was a "binding agreement". Now it seems the buyers can retract at any time for no reason and your not even told until you refresh. Anyone know what new Ebay shi* this is?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

A bid has never been a binding agreement and buyers have always had the option of withdrawing bids. There are only a few sanctioned reasons so most buyers just select the first one. If you see a buyer has a history of retracting bids then you can report them to ebay.  I would much rather a buyer retracted their bid than left it and then didn't pay.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

yes you are a "trend setter" Phorum_junkie and I have always respected your views...I am just frustrated and after being off ebay for the last 6-7 months I find I am more aggro then I used to be with it. Personal problem I am sure. It has changed so much sonce the 80's and I hate to say it but most of the changes are NOT for the better. 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@redneck2013au wrote:

yes you are a "trend setter" Phorum_junkie and I have always respected your views...I am just frustrated and after being off ebay for the last 6-7 months I find I am more aggro then I used to be with it. Personal problem I am sure. It has changed so much sonce the 80's and I hate to say it but most of the changes are NOT for the better. 

yep, eBay now is nothing like it was in the 80's Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

More realistically going back to the 90s some things about ebay have not changed. Buyers still complain about sellers, sellers still complain about buyers and buyers and sellers complain about ebay

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@redneck2013au wrote:

Pierre Omidyar only founded eBay Sept 3rd 1995 in California.

Came to AU in 1999.

So it has changed since the 80's eh!

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I've changed a lot since the 80's too....at least I think I have! 

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Unlike ebay... you have changed for the better I would have to say.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply