how many things do you have

its amazing the amount of items people buy on ebay or from shops . i can still remember a home only had 1 tv   1 radio  1 clock 1 phone .1 car.   now in a 3 person home we have 5 tvs  4 radios  4 phones  and about 20 types of time telling devices. and 4 cars and 4 computers

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I have a headache

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

joethenuts Community Member
11:10 AM
~~~
Doesn't the addams family have a thing?
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

lol ,   anyway off to do some work now , as i have to earn some money to maintain lots of items ,that surely we dont need. 

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, out Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt! **

When I was lad we had no Phone, TV or Car

Didn't need a phone there was a phone box on every corner (And they worked) or you could send a letter (no 140 character limit).

TV didn't arrive until one lucky neighbour got one in 1956, the whole street camped in their lounge room and watch the 1956 Olympic games in Melbourne, one of the best memories of my childhood.

No car in the early days, plenty of public transport or you rode a bike or walked.  A neighbour took Mum and 2 other mums shopping once a week in an old 1945? Worsley (Like the one Sam drives in Foyles war, watched the entire series just for the car) and we felt like royalty sitting up in the back seat. 

**Monty Python 4 Yorkshiremen sketch.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Lol@ crow
Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

And how exactly does this thread relate to "selling" (discussion board) on eBay?
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Joe, it is not a good idea to advertise all your possessions on a public forum, especially when everyone knows or can find out your address.

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

It talks about phones, TVs and cars all things you buy or sell on eBay

Do I get a prize now, please, please.  Its the right answer isn't.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Lyndal, do I need to worry I have brown paper bag, a septic tank, a crust of stale bread, and a belt.  I would hate anyone to steal them!!!

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply