how to block someone after cancelled item?

I have a buyer who is a real piece of work.  She bought three items first, then contacted me about discounts  and suggested how I should price my items compared to other sellers.  She then found my other listings elsewhere and purchased several there.  She then requested I cancel the ebay purchases.  I said I don't know how to and I'm worried about defects for cancelling - her reply was that all sellers cancel for her whenever she wants and it is easy for them to do.  OK I finally worked out how to do it without getting a defect for it.  I blocked her on the other site and it is working successfully there, so she has come back here with more odd behaviour.  I added her to the blocked list and also chose the "no contact from blocked members" bit.  When I did that there was a message on the screen: Note: Buyers can still contact you about existing transactions, unless you add them to your blocked list.

I did that bit too.  But she is still contacting me.  I reported her email to ebay but I am guessing they take time to respond.  Any way to get the block to actually work?  Her purchases were cancelled several days ago so she doesn't have active purchases, but she is still being a giant PITA.
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Why would you want to cancel the ebay transaction? Was there anything wrong with the items? If not then the buyer should pay for both the ebay purchase AND the other site purchase. Well thats my opinion as a buyer only.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Yes it's my opinion too 🙂  but some people are not "buyers" they are window shoppers.... There is nothing wrong with the items, she just found them listed on my other selling site cheaper.  I would rather cancel the transaction than have a huge headache with feedback from someone who clearly is NQR.  

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I blocked a buyer who requested a cancellation after she won the auction but she was still able to contact me since we had a transaction.She contacted me after that about another item so i don't know how long they can still contact you for.I don't know if once it's sold & deleted will help.

Does she look like another seller telling you how to price your things?Anything in her fb left for others that seems a bit off ?Trying to get bargains or better deals out of you i suppose.How awkward & uncomfortable for you! I hope she goes away soon 'cos she seems seedy & sneaky.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

kylie, if you cancel the transaction, do you realize you will most likely get a defect ?  I may be wrong ?  She does sound a bit odd ! 

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Well i can understand now why she would ask for a cancellation if the same seller was selling the same item cheaper on another site but still the buyer should have to pay for both.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I did the cancellation due to "buyer changed mind" and she agreed to it - from what I read then I don't get a defect because the buyer wanted it, not me.  It was done a few days ago now, I would assume if it was going to attract a defect then it would have showed by now?    Just wish the block bidder and block contact thing actually worked and blocked all contact, she certainly is a bit odd.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

It would be funny coincidence if that was your huckleberry on the buyer board right now.

Glad it worked out but check your dashboard in a few days to check the defect thing.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply