how to save Postage fees Guide (Your thoughts)?

yyli17
Community Member

Hey guys, 

Postage is getting more and more expensive , especially when Auspost is dominating the Australian Market.

This thread is to help sellers like us and hopefully we will get professinals of senior ebayers to share thier experience.

What i do 

For small items, i usually post them with big letters and it costs about 1.80 for postage, and about 20 cents for the bubble wrap bag (got it off ebay).

Never had problem with this shipping method, but have to be careful and item must be protected and packed well.

However, sometimes i have to ship things that are too thick that they wont fit in the letter, have to use parcel post. The satchel is about 7 AUD ++ lately. Anyone can provide me and other ebayers cheaper solution to this?

Is courier cheaper ? If yes, how cheap are they if we could manage to get an account.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Large letters are now $2.10 for 250g or $3.50 for 500g, so you need to update.

At the moment the 500g parcel is a tiny bit cheaper on ebay labels rather than the 500g satchel because of a small discount ebay is offering.  I haven't actually tried this but there are plenty of threads and it is in the ebay news item.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

hey - stupid question - local stamps are they still 60c ? of did I see somewhere they are now .65c ?

If so ........................OOOPS

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Stamps 70 cents.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Aust post is putting it's fees up once more. Ebay as of the 06MAY14 will now include postage cost with a fee. This has just killed my intrest in Selling on e-bay, it's just not worth trying to sell with ever decreasing margins.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

ffrokk
Community Member

Courier companies are becoming more competitive, Fastway couriers, if you are prepared to buy in bulk offer national coverage 3 kg satchels A3 size for under $10, minumum purchase of 20 per month, includes insurance, delivery confirmation and they collect it, pretty good deal considering the cheapest Aust Post alternative with signature ebay satchel is $14.65. Here is their website link

http://www.fastway.com.au/pricing/courier-rates

just click on your city for prices. No I don't work for them, but I will be using them when my bulk purchase Aust Post satchels run out.

It's a question of what works for you, if you send a lot of items regularly then couriers are a way better option, as I said there are heaps of companies around, it won't be long before Aust Post have real competition and are forced to be more competitive. Remember Teltra and how awful they were before the market was deregulated, well some would say they are still awful but you get my drift, good luck x

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

Stamps 70 cents.

Oh Krap

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

maybe Christmas stamps, Greencat! They're usually a bit cheaper, I think.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

*sob*

Knew I had seen the notification about the 'rise' somewhere, thankfully NOT eBay related, so my letters may go missing, and family think I don't love them anymore, but at least I wont get the dreaded RED dot LOL

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

yyli17
Community Member

I think i will go and meet some courier reps and i will update the outcome here. 

Just wondering whether anyone had posted 4cm above stuff in a letter , appreciate your help/

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply