i have a problem

i have an item ready to be picked up [by the way this is 100% true  if someone can help me download the picture here on this post i will] i have a chicken on my roof ,its been there for nearly 3 weeks ,  there is a large tree at the front of my house hanging over the front of my roof, cant catch the chicken which we have free to a good home .found a person who has a small farm with chickens  ready to take it there . but i cant get the chicken on the ground so that i can put it in a large box for transport.  any ideas.

by the way i feed it everyday with a bowl of food and water . even my cat has been on the roof and this chicken is too smart  , even pidgeons go up to his food ,and the chicken chases it.

thank you if you can help

ps  i have a good exuse if i get a defect to ebay if i cant deliver on time lol.

Message 1 of 145
Latest reply
144 REPLIES 144

i have a problem

If it goies back to the supermarket make sure you send your shopping list with it.

Message 21 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

Fabulous thread, I thought dear Joe had suffered an episode of sorts for a sec but no- it's a real chicken problem.

Patricia sounds like she's got style. They don't live long lives do they? Maybe just leave her there / keep feeding and watering her til nature takes its course?

I understand your wife though, we have a giant possum called Wilbur living in our garage roof.

Message 22 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

I am going to go with taz idea try and bring her feed to the ground  and them we are half way there as I have a pman if she feeds on the ground  as she is to fast for me and also can fly whithiut a plane we have a cat cage which we use for the vet. I can then put her feed in there and have a long string on the doir and when she goes inn clise the door. Then she will go to a goid home in a farm with 4 other chicjebs and some sheep and mix with her breed

Message 23 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

Thankyou so very much for the amusement. I thought I was special having a Tawny Frogmouth visit me every night when I sit outside and have a coffee but I can't top that one. 

Message 24 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

@elusiveeditions wrote:

Fabulous thread, I thought dear Joe had suffered an episode of sorts for a sec but no- it's a real chicken problem.

Patricia sounds like she's got style. They don't live long lives do they? Maybe just leave her there / keep feeding and watering her til nature takes its course?

I understand your wife though, we have a giant possum called Wilbur living in our garage roof.

I had one that lived for 15 years, but that's not normal. Most of mine fell off the perch between 9 and 12yo. It depends on the breed too. The commercial cross breds normally only live 5-6 years.

Message 25 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

just arived home its 1.30 in the morning  and patricia was full asllep on a brange of the tree,  how it does not fall off  sleeping on a branch it confuses me. so i will be showing patricia the food bowl and leaving it on the ground .

Message 26 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

could you imagine beaut   on the shopping list  is a baking tray. mix vegies ,salt and pepper ,gravy mix. 

and on its way home, she  says to herself i wonder what joes cooking tonight  strange no meat on the list ?????????

Message 27 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

Errrrr, so the chook's still on the roof.................and the tree is about to destroy yer house.....

"michelle, please give this bloke some tips to make his life easier................."

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 28 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

Padi, you're incorrigible!!Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 145
Latest reply

i have a problem

I can't even blame Batgirl for that one...........................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 30 of 145
Latest reply