inacurate feedback

I am presently awaiting payment for several items from one buyer who has 100% positive feedback showing ... No reply to 3 polite messages that I have sent.  When I checked there are several very unhappy sellers leaving feedback over the last 6 months that indicate habitual non paying non communication ... yet there is a green positive symbol. I can not believe that so many people would have mistakenly clicked the wrong symbol then left very negitive comments. How does this happen ....  Can someone change or have this changed to reflect 100% positive even though their feedback is clearly not positive??? Cheers Jenny

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

inacurate feedback

@jennywren888 wrote:

I am presently awaiting payment for several items from one buyer who has 100% positive feedback showing ... No reply to 3 polite messages that I have sent.  When I checked there are several very unhappy sellers leaving feedback over the last 6 months that indicate habitual non paying non communication ... yet there is a green positive symbol. I can not believe that so many people would have mistakenly clicked the wrong symbol then left very negitive comments. How does this happen ....  Can someone change or have this changed to reflect 100% positive even though their feedback is clearly not positive??? Cheers Jenny

Don't forget that a buyer cannot receive negatives or neutrals, only positives.

So some sellers, in their frustration, leave a positive feedback just to be able to put their words in the comment e.g. "buyer did not pay".

This is against ebay policy and can get sellers into trouble.

The best and only way to deal with a non-paying buyer is to open a unpaid item dispute after 4 days.    Close it as soon as you can.   Block the buyer from buying from you again.    Have your site preferences set to block buyers with non-paying disputes.   That way you protect yourself as a seller, and help other sellers.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

inacurate feedback

aps1080
Community Member

Don't know but I have the same problem, a buyer 100%, put a bid on, nothing heard from since, no reply to messages, no response to non pay dispute.

Baffling.
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

inacurate feedback

@jennywren888 wrote:

Don't forget that a buyer cannot receive negatives or neutrals, only positives.

So some sellers, in their frustration, leave a positive feedback just to be able to put their words in the comment e.g. "buyer did not pay".

This is against ebay policy and can get sellers into trouble.

The best and only way to deal with a non-paying buyer is to open a unpaid item dispute after 4 days.    Close it as soon as you can.   Block the buyer from buying from you again.    Have your site preferences set to block buyers with non-paying disputes.   That way you protect yourself as a seller, and help other sellers.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

inacurate feedback

No easy to understand ... With the high ebay especially including the postage) and paypal fees and now non paying buyers ... I think it's time for me to give away ebay ... Good luck  and  thanks for the reply ...

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

inacurate feedback

You know it is bloody pathetic that you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, it really is.

Why can't we give them neg feedback if they don't pay, aren't responsive to things ?

One way street if ever I saw one.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

inacurate feedback

WOW I did not know that ... Makes sence that a seller may  want to vent even it it means giving the person a positive tick ... great advice , thanks a million ... Kind regards Jenny

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

inacurate feedback

If all sellers utilise the unpaid item cases properly then strikes are recorded on the buyer's account.

Then if you have your buyer requirements set to block buyers who have 2 or more strikes accrued in the past 12-months then such buyers will be automatically excluded from buying/bidding your items.

Much better than being able to leave NEG feedback IMHO as its automatic. You would have to manually filter on NEG feedback and you would not be able to block all the buyers you intended to especially those who snipe bid or use buy-it-now.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

inacurate feedback

@aps1080 wrote:

You know it is bloody pathetic that you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer, it really is.

Why can't we give them neg feedback if they don't pay, aren't responsive to things ?

One way street if ever I saw one.

Do you know what happens if you could leave a buyer a red dot? They will turn around and give YOU a red dot back. Their feedback rate falls, they keep buying with impunity. Your feedback rate falls, you lose your selling privileges and eventually get shut down.

ALL sellers should have buyer requirement blocks in place, then you won't have the issue of repeat offenders because they get a big message on their screen when they try to buy from you saying they can't. Sadly, most people who come here whinging about serial non payers don't have blocks in place to prevent them buying in the first place.

In the last month, I've had 28 serial non payers try to bid on my items. They CAN'T, regardless of how much they try.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

inacurate feedback

Always a shame IMO when community members blame other community members for eBay failings.

I do not know how on earth any new seller not too familiar with this interface is supposed to really understand all of the eBay complexity and policy that is in place.

New accounts should be have the highest level of blocks in place when they are opened, then it is up to the individual to have a choice in removing them or opting for lower level - its called creating a safe trading environment. 

It would surely stop most non-paying pests in their tracks, which would be good news for ALL sellers.

Simples.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

inacurate feedback

For many years sellers could leave negs for buyers bhut sensible sellers didn't do so. All it got them was a retaliatory neg so if they were a seller too that could impact on their account but did nothing to stop buyers doing it again and again as not many people have the time or inclination to check the feedback of every bidder and even if they did it would not stop snipers or BIN buyers.

It also mean that poor sellers left negs then blackmailed buyers into agreeing to mutual cancellation of both negs so they could maintain their high feedback numbers and continue to sell unimpeded.

Another downside was that sellers were so annoyed by non payers they used to be not very polite in the feedback they left which made them look far worse than the non payer.

I much prefer the current system where I can open and close a dispute within 8 days and can block anyone who doesn't pay more than once.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply