inserting seller is away into listings

I have often seen listings that have "seller is away until .....". I do not have a shop, is there any way I can do this if I want to go away for a few days bit leave my listings up.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You could bulk edit your listings and add the information?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

You could bulk edit your listings and add the information?

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

If its just for a few days you could bulk edit your handling time. You can set this for up to ten days. I am away from Monday evening to Friday morning each week.

I have pushed my handling time out to 5 days and have not had any major dramas yet. On the odd occasion I get a request to mail quickly, I explain my situation and mail express post at no extra cost. I also send out Tuesday and Wednesdays orders with priority post. Its not perfect, but it is working. 

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

How can I get to appear at the top of the listing though. Bulk editing only adds it to the end of the description. The ones I have seen, it appears first when you click on the item - not in the item description.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Just a heads up.........you're not allowed to sell alcohol on ebay,

unless you have a liquor license, which must at the bottom of the listing.

You have them listed under collectables>breweriana>bottles.

That's for empty bottles only

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/alcohol.html

I would just extend the handling time.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

If you don't have a store then you can't have the seller is away until message. That is for stores only. If you're only away for a few days you can take your chances. Any more than that and you'd be better off ending your listings. 

If you are selling alcohol, which as mentioned you can't do without a liquor license, don't be surprised if someone reports your listings.  There are lots of lurkers on here who never post and some are sticklers for the rules. They are happy to report rule breakers. I don't do that as I don't give a hoot what others do but if you find your listings ended, you know why.

Enjoy your time away.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Indeed, I once had a listing reported ages ago because (stupid me) put the shade of a lipstick I had listed as being 'port wine' (which is what the shade was!) but someone reported it anyway and ebay agreed  

So there you go, port wine in colour in a lipstick is booze, apparently Smiley Mad

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

nerd.gif

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Indeed ! 

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

@enigmabear wrote:

Indeed, I once had a listing reported ages ago because (stupid me) put the shade of a lipstick I had listed as being 'port wine' (which is what the shade was!) but someone reported it anyway and ebay agreed  

So there you go, port wine in colour in a lipstick is booze, apparently Smiley Mad

You wonder where some people's brains go abegging.

Really, it beggars belief someone reported it but it is even more ridiculous that an ebay rep agreed.

Although... I do recall reading once about people who put on a play for children that included dinosaurs and they got a call from welfare officers (admittedly a bit embarrassed) who just wanted to confirm live dinosaurs weren't being caged or used on stage as they had had a complaint about animal cruelty from a member of the public.Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply