item not received although the aus post tracking says it has been delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

What do i do when a customer says they have not received their item although it says delivered on the tracking details?

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I brought a $70 shirt and I didnt recieve it because the seller had a tracking number that said it was delivered I lost the money

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Ask them to confirm their address and check that it matches with the address that you used and the address selected in checkout.

If the address is correct, ask them to check if the item may have been left in a "safe" location by the postie. Also ask them to check at the local PO incase no card was left and it is waiting there for collection.

You can call Aus Post and ask them to check with the driver to confirm what address the parcel was delivered to.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

@mgmarketsales wrote:

I brought a $70 shirt and I didnt recieve it because the seller had a tracking number that said it was delivered I lost the money

Know the feeling, I bought cosmetics $135, someone got them but it wasnt me. Also stated as delivered. Post office/AP, Paypal & Seller no help in trying to find out what happened.( Not that the SELLER did anything wrong, she sent with tracking in good faith).

Its one of the pitfalls of online shopping I guess.Smiley Sad 

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

I get about one of these a week. Usually it's something daft like the postie left it in a random place in the boot of the husbands car etc. so check all that sort of stuff out.
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

I have one at the moment - courier, not AP, but shows delivered.  *Sigh*

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

When this happened to me, I contacted AP every way possible and basically got nowhere (was a standard 500g satchel, showing as delivered, buyer insisted not rec'd and seemed genuine, had long history of great feedback etc).

The buyer accepted it as genuinely lost (either delivered and then stolen, or some fault of the AP courier), no case opened and I didn't have to refund them. They actually left good feedback.

BUT this was a while ago, with the new rules.... does AP tracking count as proof of delivery? I'm not sure about anything with this place anymore.

Sorry not to help, will follow with interest...

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

It certainly satisfies Paypal as far as INR claims are concerned but eBay's MBG may be a different matter. They seem to require proof of delivery although as I understand it, under Australian Law, once an item has been handed (i.e. "delivered") to the postal authority responsible for its delivery to the customer, it is legally deemed to have been delivered.

Somehow though, because they appear to be totally ignorant and disinterested in Australian Law, with eBay I think you may have a fight on your hands and I suspect that with their typical arrogance, they'll do exactly what they want, regardless of what the law says.
Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

If tracking shows it as delivered you are covered.

You aren't responsible for it being stolen from their mailbox etc ๐Ÿ˜•
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

eBay can't extingish a sellers rights in law by making policy that contradicts seller protection provided by the Sale of Goods Act whereby no right of recovery exists against a seller for carrier error when they hold proof of lodging a parcel to the buyer's address that has been accepted by the carrier to conduct delivery to the buyer.

If the eBay policy for non delivery results in a transaction reversal when the seller holds proof of postage in accordance with the Sale of Goods Act, the recourse is to lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) against PayPal for breach of both their Seller Protection Policy and breach of the Sale of Goods Act by allowing a transaction reversal from your account.

eBay/PayPal can't win this as no legislation permits any faction to make policy in contradiction to stautory law. The policy can only work in the USA where proof of delivery to the buyer determines a seller's responsibility under their consumer laws. 

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply