item undelivered germany

i sold a dvd set to someone in germany, it has full tracking via australia post.

tracking shows it arrived in germany on the 29th of december.

its now had 3 attempted deliverys, on the 30th, 31st and 2nd.

if its not delivered (i put return to sender on the documents i filled out at the post office and were stuck to the box) will the buyer be able to request a refund?

thanks

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

item undelivered germany

66 REPLIES 66

item undelivered germany

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I doubt that the buyer would be successful in a dispute as you have full tracking showing it was received in the destination country but was undeliverable.

While paypal might give the money back to the buyer as a goodwill gesture it should not come from the seller.

If it does you can fight it...hard.

Message 2 of 67
Latest reply

item undelivered germany

I had an item ( was a long time ago tho) that could not be delivered. Buyer put in a claim for not receiving it, ebay could see they it was undelivered and they were not refunded. As a seller you have done all that was right so you should be OK. If not phone ebay and ask for a supervisor.  

Message 3 of 67
Latest reply

item undelivered germany

thank you, fingers crossed this buyer is just away for xmas and will take delivery before the item is returned.

Message 4 of 67
Latest reply

item undelivered germany

Have you tried reading the German Postal site to see how ong an item will be held before returning it to the sender?

Message 5 of 67
Latest reply

item undelivered germany

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Have you tried reading the German Postal site to see how ong an item will be held before returning it to the sender?

i dont know how to do that.

Message 6 of 67
Latest reply

item undelivered germany

Google Germany post and you should get a link. If you use Chrome, it will automatically translate the page for you. If it doesn't, right click and select translate to English. If it tries to auto translate and says it failed, do the right click thing. If not, refresh the page and try again. If you don't use Chrome, copy and paste the text into Google Translate.

Message 7 of 67
Latest reply

item undelivered germany

Stawks, David does not want to track the item....he knows there have been 3 delivery attempts.

He wants to know how long it will be held before being returned to sender.

David, google Deutsch Post and use the English version of the site.

If you can't find the information you could try ringing DHL in Australia....they may be able to give you the information.

Message 9 of 67
Latest reply

item undelivered germany

thak you all for your suggestions.

i cant find anywhere an answer to how long they hold items before returning.

so at this stage i'll just wait and watch.

Message 10 of 67
Latest reply