just had a friend of mine tell me about a great delivery service and pricing

i have never used them  but they charge anything in your own city up to 25kg  under $10....  2kg parcels any city under $11  and 5kg parcels under $15      they also pick up from you.  they use toll and delivery please ,and others. might be a good alternative , and i am told they are fast next city up to 2 days  ,same city same day or next day.   its [ sendle.com ]  who knows it might stop a few defects if its what it says.  good luck  , as i always say i will try something once ,if i am happy i will use ,if not  in the bin they go.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

i can see you are in the wilderness in nsw   and a lot of the items you sell go in an envelope , as i said larger products would be the go.  as a seller you should have more options for buyers . ut i can see because of your locations and the use of envelopes that does not suit you  you are 100%

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

Gee i dunno Joe, i got an item from queensland, it was waiting at my local post office in less than 48 hours!! I was impressed
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

i can only go by all the posts here about this taking 7 days this taking over a week all the defect sellers are getting, 

are they all lying, i dont know i dont use aus post , only for the odd things . all i am saying if you are not happy with aust post this might be an alternative.  these days most things have to be taken to apost office and picked up from a post office, ehat ever happened to door to door, you might as well shop in a normal shop. why would  i buy from an online seller pay for a delivery then get carded and line up to pick up my parcel  when i could of gone next to the post office and buy my item. mmmmmmm

thats why sellers should have options  just like with you i send a parcel to you the only way because of your wearabouts and cost that i used a sachell   as it would of cost an arm and a leg to put it in a normal box.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

i can only go by all the posts here about this taking 7 days this taking over a week all the defect sellers are getting, 

are they all lying, i dont know i dont use aus post , only for the odd things . all i am saying if you are not happy with aust post this might be an alternative.  these days most things have to be taken to apost office and picked up from a post office, ehat ever happened to door to door, you might as well shop in a normal shop. why would  i buy from an online seller pay for a delivery then get carded and line up to pick up my parcel  when i could of gone next to the post office and buy my item. mmmmmmm

thats why sellers should have options  just like with you i send a parcel to you the only way because of your wearabouts and cost that i used a sachell   as it would of cost an arm and a leg to put it in a normal box.

i dunno about you Joe, but my local post office is about 20klms from me, next one approx 30 klms, after that im looking at the 70klm mark, so for me, driving to the next post office to buy the item is not viable.

*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

Joe,  I wouldn't say the wilderness, I'm classed as semi rural. I am 10 mins from my town, (which has a pop of10000 2013) BUT couriers will not deliver out here, and there are no couriers within at least 30 mins drive one way so couriers are not a viable option either for receiving my purchases , stock etc or selling.  We can't all live in metro areas. You obviously haven't travelled much around this country given your narrow views.

PS take a look at my feedback. My customers are happy. How about yours?

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

I also see the majority of your items are pickup LOL
Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Issues with collection from the seller, issues with buyers not being home for receipt and having to travel a long way to a depot (of which there a few compared to Post Offices) for collection.

The fact that nearly all the brokers' cheapest courier is Fastway, and you get what you pay for.

I completely disagree with your points here.

1.  I have couriers come to my residence to collect parcels.  They range from Couriers Please, Startrack, Toll, and unfortunately on one occasion, Fastway.

2.  I only send by courier if it is cheaper, AND the buyer has taken up that option.  How hard is it for a seller to get the alternative delivery cost and put it to the buyer??

3. I find that buyers will only take the courier option if it is convenient for them.  So no going to depots for collection, etc. Again, how hard is it to give people an option?

4. Defnitely can't agree with your last sentence.  It isn't a FACT.  The broker I use (Interparcel), does not have Fastway as their cheapest courier - except for one occasion.  And if Fastway ever came up again as the cheapest, I would just give a buyer the Aust Post cost. 

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

harley all my items are pick up  but i get asked about 10 times a week to deliver which i do , and i use a courier which gets to places at this average 22 hours , i send to perth suburbs at least every 2 weeks for $11.22, all i am saying is for all the posts on this board that complain about defects or how long aust post takes to deliver to certain states and so , there is alternatives , of course not for letters.

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

I'm telling you there are not other options for some. I don't think the defects are solely from AP customers
Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

its not for everyone. you read posts here , with aquestion now is did you get your item before this date, sellers have been adding extra sending time to push up the delivery dates,  as we speak 4 minutes ago someone from nsw asked if i can deliver which i always say yes  then look up the options and tell the buyers this price for courier now some areas are so expensive , now i have an alt to use on expensive areas  as this group have a national 1 price , just like aus post have with there sachels which are great for small items.

by having options , i can choose which is better value and service for my buyers. 

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply