left category list - disappeared

I noticed last night, that the left category list is gone.

You know,  the one normally appears on the left hand side of your item description.

I checked my listings in 2 accounts, all category lists are gone; I then called my friend who also has 2 accounts, same issue.

Checked my listing frame settings, no mistake there since I never changed them.

Take a look at your listings now, is the category list still showing?

Another annonying glitch I think.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@ordervania wrote:

Another annonying glitch I think.

According to eBay, they have a tech team working on a fix.... I really hope that's what they actually do. 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

So many Glitches have never seen so many on Ebay before normally fixed within a few hours, but not in this case, come on Ebay, how can we sellers soar like a Eagle ( as Ebay expects us to do) when we are working with a bunch of turkeys.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Im glad I found this thread as I thought I was (or am) going coo coo.

I have the same issue and contacted Customer Help.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but I really can't help it!  You were definitely talking at cross-purposes - they were trying to tell you how to do your settings and couldn't accept the fact that it just wasn't working.

My list of categories disappeared over a year ago.  The settings are still the same as they always were.  I really can't be bothered going through the fruitless exercise of contacting ebay about it.  I've got better things to do than bang my head against a brick wall.

I've got the old style store format and I'm dreading the new style, but I can live with only having my categories only showing in the store and not in the listing descriptions.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I'm have been gone for awhile. Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

The thing is they are saying to go into the "Store Categories" section but that section is only for setting up the categories I want (and which are already set up). In order for store categories to display (and as I understand) you need to go into the "Display Categories" section. The Ebay representative is the expert but what they are writing doesn't make sense to me...

I should add that they hung up on me while I was trying to follow their instructions. Not much patience.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Another issue is that with the List Categories gone the presentation of my listing is skewed and now i have to go into every single one and reformat.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Just found a similar thread in the Power Sellers forum titled  "Please Tell Me This Is Only Temporary Glitch"

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

As an update to this issue here is the response from Ebay

"I understand that you are frustrated with your previous contacts. I checked your chat transcripts but it seems that the two previous representatives misunderstood your concern because the steps that they provided is for you to add a store category but as mentioned by the two previous email representatives, we do have an issue regarding with the listing frames not showing in your listings. I do apologize for the misinformation of the two chat representatives and the inconvenience that this have caused you. Rest assured, our technical department is doing their best to resolve this issue as soon as possible."

It seems Ebay didn't like my posting a copy of the chat message where the reps claimed the problem was me and not Ebay.

For those that didn't get to see the chat message the thread basically outlined me explaining how the left category list has disappeared and asking how I could fix it, the Ebay rep trying to walk me through how to set up an Ebay store (when Ive been selling for years), me patiently suggesting that the his explanantion was unrelated and the subsequent narky response from the rep saying that every other rep would tell me the same.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply