listing an item for international sale

ive just listed an item i want to show up on the USA and UK ebay sites, clicked all the spots on the listing page to do with international but when i do a search of the USA site i dont see my item.

only see it on the AU site.

is there something i havent done?

thanks.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Can take many hours to appear. (Used to take up to 24 hours)

Can also take many hours again to appear when a revision is done.

image host
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Are the boxes still there to tick in listings?  "Visibility USA" etc.

I just haven't noticed them for a while.

image host
Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

i hadnt listed anything new for a few weeks i just use the 'sell' button at the top of the page then put in my item and select the catagory. that took me to the listing page.

today the listing page was a new design, much more information needed in each section.

there was no 'check box' for 'visiblity' for anywhere. ive never seen that in previous listings ive done.

just a 'international postage' section where i could elect where i would post to, eg usa, uk, new zealand and a half a dozen other countries with tick boxes next to them. i ticked usa and uk. chose 'auspost express post international parcel' and put in weight and demsions.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

I think 'visibility',  is in account site preferences > selling manager pro

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

i dont see a selling manager pro under site preferences.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

It's in subscriptions.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Visibility on other sites (in the main search results, at least, as opposed to showing up in the 'from international sellers' section), unfortunately isn't 100% guaranteed (especially true for visibility on the US site).

I had a quick peek at a new listing with international postage options, and it looks like it was set up correctly (i.e. you have to quote specific postage prices to the US and UK, rather than have a flat rate applied to all international locations you post to), so it may be an indexing thing as suggested.

The settings you can access in site preferences are not supposed to change visibility, they're supposed to allow you to list directly to international sites without logging in to them (that is, in normal circumstances, if you want to create a listing on eBay US, you leave the Aus site, go to eBay.com, log in and create your listing. With that setting, you can remain on Aus eBay instead - though, I grant that this has been discussed previously and others have mentioned that it appeared to increase international visibility on Australian listings. I guess eBay is to site function what chocolates are to Forrest Gump Smiley Very Happy )

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

i'm thinking as ive selected the countries i'll post to and the service i will use ebay will calculate the correct postage if a buyer in one of those countries looks at my item. 

i have gone back to ebay usa and typed in my items full title and it shows up but in a section titled

"items found from eBay international sellers"

they dont apear to have a check box at the left side to see "worldwide" items like we do.

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i'm thinking as ive selected the countries i'll post to and the service i will use ebay will calculate the correct postage if a buyer in one of those countries looks at my item. 

I would assume so as well, but I won't say for sure as I do not list internationally on ebay very often, and only have the process as outlined a couple of years ago when they changed the visibility parameters (the way I understood it - which isn't necessarily how it was meant Smiley Very Happy - was that individual quotes for each country had to be entered, so when I've created listings with OS options, I used flat rate and quoted for both the UK and US in separate sections). 

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply