listing removal again

ok seems I can't log into my email accounts these days without finding one of my listings automatically removed!

this time I have to google the email address ebay sent me to work out what Id done wrong..apparently its a copyright issue with ugg boots.  so can someone enlighten me.... I can't resell a pair of preloved ugg boots. .... and that is because?    

I mean so I can't resell many of my sons preloved clothes due to copyright laws?  I don't get it.! first particular coloured dolls from the 50s then cow bone (ok I understand that one) but not a minimal cost listing that includes my 3yr olds slippers?

"The rights owner or an agent authorised to act on behalf of the rights owner, ............................., notified eBay that this listing violates intellectual property rights. When eBay receives a report of this type of violation, we remove the listing to comply with the law."

Its not even so much the ugg boots I'm concerned about its just if I list other brand clothes eg quiksilver pumpkin patch etc how can I avoid the same response?  so I can't resell now??

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

listing removal again

Can't call them Uggs unless they are.  (Uggs is a registered brand name)

Then you have to show the name in the pics

Best leave that name out and call them what they are.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

listing removal again

imastawka
Honored Contributor

There are currently 70 listings for 'pre-loved' Ugg boots

So I don't see what the problem is.

Are yours genuine Uggs or just sheepskin ones that you called Uggs?

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

listing removal again

how about not putting a name on them ,sean as you only want to get a few dollars for them.

have you had problems before , maybe thats why.  its like getting something thru customs once you stuff up your name will sound bells on there computer, you might be on a sound bell on ebay.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

listing removal again

I see both of your points

no they are cotton on versions so they would have been pulled not being genuine uggs in the title? ...even tho expanded n the description as Cotton On brand ugg boots?  

and yes this user id gets items removed regularly of late - 3 last week and 1 this week.  whereas my other id with over 5000 feedback similar items and nothing.  

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

listing removal again

Can't call them Uggs unless they are.  (Uggs is a registered brand name)

Then you have to show the name in the pics

Best leave that name out and call them what they are.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

listing removal again

Sounds like your opposition has reported you. eBay doesn't have the resources to go through every listing to see if it's kosher or not.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

listing removal again

what opposition?!  

I think they use keywords in searches... but seriously someone must have an awful lot of time to waste if they're checking my listings!

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

listing removal again

Just call them sheepskin boots. You can't use a brand name if they aren't that brand.  You wouldn't call K-Mart brand jeans Levis.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

listing removal again

Could be a seller who sells similar items ..... that's just one possibility, unfortunately.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

listing removal again

This used to be a regular complaint on te boards. The problem is that the Australian made Ugg boots can only be sold in Australia as the original makers did not register the trademark internationally. A US firm jumped on that error of judgement and registered the name in all other countries. Because ebay is a US company they have a blanket ban on any Ugg boots not covered by the US copyright. 

While it will almost certainly be only those second hand ones that are reported that are removed once you have had a listing removed it is just not worth it to try listing them again as you risk more defects and the suspension of your selling rights.

There were many attempts to get ebay to change this policy for sellers who did not sell to other countries but they all fell on deaf ears I am afraid.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply