money back guarentee

THIS MONEY BACK GUARENTEE IS ABSOLUTE **bleep**, I HAVE NEVER HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS FROM BUYERS,  I SELL A LOT OF CAR PARTS,BUYERS  WANT TO RETURN THEIR OLD PARTS,MAKING OUT IT WAS THE PART I SENT,OR PARTS THAT THEY HAVE DAMAGED, WHILE TRYING TO FIT, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION FOR SELLERS

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

money back guarentee

I don't like being shouted at, especially in bold however I will answer you anyway.

Buy a security marker that is only visible under black light and mark your goods and take a photo of the marking then if a buyer sends back a different item you take a photo of the lack of marking then you can provide ebay with the photographic evidence that the buyer is trying to scam you. You can also email the photos to the buyer informing them that unless they withdraw their complaint immediately you will take your evidence to the police as what they are doing is trying to obtain good by deception.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

money back guarentee

Thanks, but who is shouting

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

money back guarentee

messages in capitals are construed as shouting Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

money back guarentee

@beryl_green wrote:

messages in capitals are construed as shouting Smiley Happy

as well as being very hard to read on a computer screen dynamite

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

money back guarentee

Construed only as shouting by those who are aware that this internet etiquette - millions of others simply are not aware.

Many people simply don't know this.

I note that the OP uses capitals in their listing descriptions and their descriptions so their use of capitals is not targeted at boardies in particular.

Internet etiquette has simply not been taught by parent, teacher or peer as a matter of course for many generations.   I suppose it may be in future, but give new OPs a break FGS.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

money back guarentee

@thecatspjs wrote:

Construed only as shouting by those who are aware that this internet etiquette - millions of others simply are not aware.

Many people simply don't know this.

I note that the OP uses capitals in their listing descriptions and their descriptions so their use of capitals is not targeted at boardies in particular.

Internet etiquette has simply not been taught by parent, teacher or peer as a matter of course for many generations.   I suppose it may be in future, but give new OPs a break FGS.

my take on beryl's post is that it was in reply to a question from dynamite i.e.  Thanks, but who is shouting

beryl wasn't jumping on the OP because they used CAPS, beryl was educating . . . . they even delivered the lesson with a smile at the end.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

money back guarentee

Wow .... what a brilliant idea !!

But sad that sellers have to continue to find ways to deal with this.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

money back guarentee

@dynamite_warrior wrote:

THIS MONEY BACK GUARENTEE IS ABSOLUTE **bleep**, I HAVE NEVER HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS FROM BUYERS,  I SELL A LOT OF CAR PARTS,BUYERS  WANT TO RETURN THEIR OLD PARTS,MAKING OUT IT WAS THE PART I SENT,OR PARTS THAT THEY HAVE DAMAGED, WHILE TRYING TO FIT, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PROTECTION FOR SELLERS

It is a difficult  time for sellers with the seemingly one-sided eBay money back guarantee in place Cat Mad

IMO make sure that your listings have sufficient description and detai including using numerous clear and close up photographs of your goods to minimise the possibility of a buyer claiming item is not as described.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

money back guarentee

That is terrible.

In my opinion, there should not be any money back guarantee for second hand items unless they are definitely not as described.

My sister & I had a similar problem a while back with a vintage bag. First the buyer (overseas) was outraged that postage was above our Australia only rate in the ad, then she claimed damage which we couldn't even see in the photo. Maybe a stitch looked a bit rubbed on the bottom, that's what she said, who would know. But the bag was 40 years old & was never advertised as new. We ended up just refunding her postage costs which is what she wanted, I think. Just to get rid of her.

It's a shame but it may be you will need to go down the path of marking your goods somehow or else taking lots of photos from just about every angle, even if you just keep some of them in your own records. That way you have some evidence in the event of a claim.

If the car parts are larger, the sort most people would pick up, it could be worth your while advertising on other sites eg gumtree, local Facebook buy/swap/sell groups. Put the price up a bit on them though to allow for haggling.Smiley Very Happy

As for the other discussion about replies. The ebay forum is the only one I have come across where a person can't just hit a general reply button but instead is forced to hit 'reply to'. It's annoying. It causes trouble from time to time, one way or another. The mods can see it does, so perhaps they could suggest to their ebay bosses that a few tweaks could be in order. Ebay tweaks every other thing, so why not a bit of work to bring the boards up to speed?

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply