more paypal BS

Hi again,

We just checked our paypal acct. to get the address for something just sold and we got a new msg at the top reading                 The funds you receive from eBay sales may not be available for up to 21 days. This could be because you are still yet to meet eBay's selling and PayPal's risk standards. If the buyer reports an issue, the funds may be held for longer. However, in some cases your funds can be available sooner.                 What the  hell is THIS new BS. Checked the last sale and it said funds available 10/Dec??  Both accounts are 100% and there has never been a return or refund or for that matter ANY problem in 2 1/2 years. Now they are going to start holding peoples money for 3 weeks for nothing? Is anyone else having this issue with paypal?                      

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

more paypal BS

my wife is on the phone with ebay now and they are telling her it's ebays new rule unless you provide a tracking number. on your shipping they will be holding your money for up to 3 weeks like it or not.. BS!!! What we sell is 2-5 dollar items that go in a standard c4 envelope with 2 stamps. We have NEVER had a complaint and have 4.9 stars on 1 acct and 5 stars on the other for shipping. This is getting to be a *&%$@# joke all this new sh**

Message 2 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

cool...they, out of the kindness of their hearts, have released the $2 they were holding as a one time thing. They said it had to be because of a defect in our ratings. Told her there were none go look. She did and guess what...no defects. But she did say this will be from now on. If you don't supple tracking money will be held up to 3 weeks or until pos. feedback is received. I don't know about you all but we have buyers going back to a year ago that never left any feedback. ok enough. My wife told the woman that EVERTIME they hold money they can expect a call. Momma was right...i shoulda been a doctor or a lawyer .

Message 3 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

Sorry to say my friend, but it's happened to me on my newer secondary account for the same reasons.  I'm as livid as you are.

I rang Paypal and they told me that it is Ebay placing the hold on the funds and that I should take it up with them.  Of course, Ebay don't give a flying F whether or not we have the funds to post these items whilst we wait for the 21 ridiculous days.

I just went into my second acc and found a sale which is an E-cheque through paypal, so it won't clear for at LEAST four days - I wonder does that ADD to the already ludicrous 21?

Feeling your pain and frustration.

monkeys-in-suits.jpg

Message 4 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

It is ridiculous.

Have you linked your eBay selling accounts? That may help to lift the hold on the funds.

The changes were announced as part of the eBay Money Back Guarantee which started 1st November

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/funds-availability

Message 5 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

I use paypal on my website as well as ebay and if they ever try and pull any stunts I threaten to pull the paypal gateway off the site. That gets them jumping. Its great to have leverage.

Message 6 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

Mine are linked BigBricks, and have had several heated discussions with both Paypal and Ebay about the ridiciulousness of it.

They just don't care - and that's the bottom line.

@bigbrickshop wrote:

It is ridiculous.

Have you linked your eBay selling accounts? That may help to lift the hold on the funds.

The changes were announced as part of the eBay Money Back Guarantee which started 1st November

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/funds-availability

Message 7 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

yes mate..both accounts are linked ..it's pretty bad when the harder you work the more you get penalized for it.

Message 8 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

Impressive 😄  Good on you character parties!!   I love to see at least someone is delivering some karma to them.

Message 9 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

This must only apply to newer accounts that started with limited listings?

It hasn't affected one of my accounts that has been registered for 10 yrs. i do use another one to sell that has been registered 1 year and had restrictions on number of items sold per month.

I post items as large letters a lot too, no tracking numbers.
Message 10 of 49
Latest reply