more paypal BS

Hi again,

We just checked our paypal acct. to get the address for something just sold and we got a new msg at the top reading                 The funds you receive from eBay sales may not be available for up to 21 days. This could be because you are still yet to meet eBay's selling and PayPal's risk standards. If the buyer reports an issue, the funds may be held for longer. However, in some cases your funds can be available sooner.                 What the  hell is THIS new BS. Checked the last sale and it said funds available 10/Dec??  Both accounts are 100% and there has never been a return or refund or for that matter ANY problem in 2 1/2 years. Now they are going to start holding peoples money for 3 weeks for nothing? Is anyone else having this issue with paypal?                      

Message 1 of 49
Latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

more paypal BS

If you're sending items without tracking then the funds will probably be held for less than 21 days if you mark the items as posted in eBay.

From the link above

Based on your postage method and information you provide us, funds that are temporarily placed on hold should be available:

• 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date when you manually upload tracking information or mark the item as posted in My eBay.
  • 21 days after your buyer pays if you don't upload tracking and you don't mark your item as sent in My eBay.
Message 11 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

Yes this happened to me in the last few days. If you add a tracking number in PayPal they will release the funds as soon as your item is delivered. When I rang PayPal they said it was due to low seller activity. This will is really harmful to sellers - as buyers will now see that the funds are held for 21 days. I have 100 percent feedback. Is this legal?

Robyn

Message 12 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

As far as I can tell, the only criteria I have not met (on that newer account) is the "90 days since your first sale" ... everything else I have covered.  So, I am now going to have funds held for 21 days, for no other reason, until the 20th of January.

Message 13 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

Now here's an idea EBay should consider..how about waiting waiting up to 3 weeks on their FVF's till I get MY money.                              21 days after your buyer pays if you don't upload tracking and you don't mark your item as sent in My eBay  Our itemsare taken to the Post 2 times a day some days..1 on slow days. Some items sell for 1.75 + 1.70 for stamps and envelope. coming to 3.45. I am now supposed to tell them I am charging another 3.50 for a tracking number?? Geez, I'd be telling MYSELF where to go. At the end of the day EBay need to learn a very simple rule: If it's not broke...DON"T try and fix it!  I really do miss the "good ole days" when ebay used to be run by people with brains. They have been replaced by robots now IMHO.

Message 14 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

They have been replaced by robots now IMHO.

Robots.... and people for whom English is a second language.

Don't get me wrong, this is nothing racist at all - it's about basic communication skills.

If I cannot understand you, and you cannot understand me, how the hell can anything ever be resolved or worked on to any acceptable level?

Message 15 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

I wonder how much Interest Ebay and Paypal are making each month by holding sellers payments for 21 days? I think it would be a lot so it is Just Another eBay Fee with out you knowing...

Crowsman

Message 16 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

What's really grinding my gears about the whole deal, is that we are completely POWERLESS.  

WHY are we powerless?  If a store was trying this carp, we would go to the office of fair trading..... 

I wonder if it would work - or whether the company being based in the USA would make it different?

Message 17 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

Does anyone know how much PayPal has to pay if the Ombudsman is called? My mate had no luck when he called them. He even resorted to telling them that he would be putting in a report with the Ombudsman and they said "if that's what you feel you need to do, then that's what you should do". I'd love to know how much PayPal has to pay when that happens.

Maybe if they get fined enough times they might reconsider this stupid rule for established, long term sellers who happen to start a new account.

Message 18 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

I believe I read somewhere that the charge is $1500+ when the ombudsman is involved.  Disclaimer.....I don't know this from experience, just hearsay!!!

Edited for spelling mistake.

Message 19 of 49
Latest reply

more paypal BS

I hope that's true. I have no real idea myself other than once being told that the amount charged was "several hundred dollars" but if it is indeed $1500 then it's not hard to see why they make the occasional discretionary payments in order to do their level best to avoid involving the FOS. It's true when they say that knowledge is power, because knowing the above is like having a bloody big hammer to wield at Paypal if or when the need ever arises.
Message 20 of 49
Latest reply