mothballs!!

Hi all had a great day yesterday not. buyer bids on a total of 26 items over a week or so commenting on postage at every opportunity sent 5 parcels in total  last one at my expense! Then low & behold buyer requests a return of 22 items because they have been kept in a room with mothballs? Her words? what  the!! how does one prove otherwise now add a smell to description if there is one?How does 22 returns effect my ratings added note the buyer did choose to keep some items so beware of a new excuse.

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

mothballs!!

22 returns will not affect your ratings at all so long as ebay do not have to step into the equation.

If you accept the returns and fund the return postage and then refund when they arrive back with you there is no defect issued.

Its when the buyer escalates and ebay steps in because the seller has not followed the rules that defects will be ussued.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Hasn't your buyer heard of Glen 20 lol

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

Hasn't your buyer heard of Glen 20 lol

Or a washing machine!

I'd take a guess and say the buyer was window shopping. They wanted a new outfit, so bought a heap of stuff to see what they wanted, with the intention of sending the rest back "as defective". They say there is something wrong so you have to cover the return postage costs. I'm sure if 22 of the 26 smelt like mothballs, then the other 4 would have too.

Hang on, what's wrong with the smell of mothballs? Am I weird thinking they smell nice?

How to window shop on eBay 101.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

I love moths(balls)

Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

I didn't know they had them 😄 😄 😄

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

@alpescene20 wrote:

Hi all had a great day yesterday not. buyer bids on a total of 26 items over a week or so commenting on postage at every opportunity sent 5 parcels in total  last one at my expense! Then low & behold buyer requests a return of 22 items because they have been kept in a room with mothballs? Her words? what  the!! how does one prove otherwise now add a smell to description if there is one?How does 22 returns effect my ratings added note the buyer did choose to keep some items so beware of a new excuse.

Hmm, it seems you sell clothes so I am assuming the 26 items were clothing?

First off-do you use mothballs? They do have a smell but in all honesty that smell should dissipate with an airing or a wash.

If you do use mothballs, you may be better off changing over to one of the other products on the market nowadays.

If the buyer is keeping some items, this says to me that the mothball smell isn't really the issue. The issue is the buyer has changed her mind on the other things-maybe they aren't an ideal fit or whatever. Or else realised she over spent. But if she says change of mind, she'll not be able to return or else she will be up for postage so voila-make an excuse.

Even if you didn't use mothballs, I am not sure if you can prove a smell one way or the other to ebay.Smiley Frustrated

I think you're being scammed here. If you choose to accept her returns & pay for return postage, you will be out of pocket but it shouldn't affect your account-except I wouldn't put it past her to give you a few negs & mention smell etc

If she does & you don't use mothballs, reply factually along the lines of-no mothballs used, buyer returned 22 of 26 items.

Even if you do use mothballs, you should still reply.

Put her on your blocked list though.

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

And please let us know who she is.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

mothballs!!

Blimey, I'd rather moth balls than moth holes

Or the other type of holes Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply