my buyer claims he bidded the incorrectly

My buyer bidded and purchased the item now he is claiming that he doesnt wish the buy the item

this is a $9000 car and I will be charged fee for selling the car.

what are the steps to follow to 

report to ebay so Im not charged the selling fee and to relist the item

I want ebay to know about this as I feel its wrong that people can do this to sellers

I feel its unfair. and should be marked for refusing to buy items.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

At this stage your only option is to wait exactly 4-days (to the minute) until you can open an unpaid item dispute (UID).

Once this UID case is opened you then need to wait a further 4-days which gives the bidder a chance to pay up.

If after the 2nd 4-days he still has not paid then you close the case and you then will get your fees back from ebay.

The bidder then also gets an unpaid item strike against his account.

Don't be tempted to leave positive feedback (the only knid you can leave) with a negative comment as to do so is against ebay policy and if the bidder complains it will be you who gets a policy breach from ebay. And the feedback will be removed by ebay.

The problem will be is that you cannot relist your car until the case is closed just in case the bidder does end up paying.

If you relist it and get another bidder then you will have trouble unless have two identical cars to sell.

Means you have to wait 8-days until you can relist it.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

A bit strange that he upped the price to $9,000 from second highest $6001!!

Maybe he hit the wrong buttons when bidding, and didn't have time/know how to retract his bid.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

thank you for your advice. 

I have tried to ring the buyer and no answer on each time I ring. I have send an email via ebay messages asking him to cancel his bid so we can try to get my fee back or stop the charges being taken. however like you said I guess its just a waiting game. 

little disappointed on this ebayers attempt to bid with no plains to buy.

however giving him the benifit on the doubt and believing him when he said he put 52000 instead of 5200 bid which took it up over the reserved price of 9000 

however if this was a mistake I would have contact seller ASAP and explained the mistake before the item went off and auction ended. 

but simple mistake I guess so just waiting for him to  respond. 

thanks again. 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

If this was an auction style listing then how would the winning bidder have to pay $9000 when the second bidder only bid $6001 so shouldn't the winning bid then be just above the $6001?

How the heck is it at $9000?

This is what I'd like to know?

Op please explain this as you can't have such a gap between the win and second highest bid

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

If this was an auction style listing then how would the winning bidder have to pay $9000 when the second bidder only bid $6001 so shouldn't the winning bid then be just above the $6001?

How the heck is it at $9000?

This is what I'd like to know?

Op please explain this as you can't have such a gap between the win and second highest bid

I would assume that $9000 is the reserve price the seller set.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Ok that explains it then,I didn't realize that you could set a reserve, my bad sorry OP 

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

surely the op only has to go to resolve a problem and says buyer wants to cancel it , then when the buyer sees it and says yes , thhe op will get all fees back , and this will take a lot shorter time even minutes   .

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Ok that explains it then,I didn't realize that you could set a reserve, my bad sorry OP 

I didn't realise you could have a reserve $$ either. 

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

I only woke up to it when I saw OP's second post.

Isn't it only categories such as motor vehicles that a reserve can be set?

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply