no one to talk to...

cummiscot
Community Member

Hi, Im trying to contact Ebay about my invoice...they made a mistake i think, so i want to clear it out....the problem is THERE IS NOBODY TO TALK TOO!!.... their chat service slowly disappeared... you had to go to contact and help,choose the right question,so you will get the chat as option..most of the problem questions had phone and email options .. now there is NOTHING! ive tried the question i usually use(in the selling category) but no luck this time..ive tried ALL THE OPTIONS, not one contact option!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU FOR REAL?? DOES EBAY STILL EXIST? Ive even tried the worst case,when someone hacked my account,the answer was : Here's what we found for "Someone has used your account" If you think someone is trying to take over your account – or already has, here's what you need to do: Check with anyone who might use your account to make sure they haven't made any changes. Try to sign in to your account. If you can sign in, change your password right away and follow these instructions for securing your account. If you can't sign in, contact eBay and we'll be happy help you sort things out. If your account has been tampered with, we'll work with you to secure it. We'll ask you to change your password and may even put your account on hold for a while until it's secure again. Underneath were the 2 options PH &Email..both said the same Email us Email support isn't available for the selected category. If you can't sign in, contact eBay and we'll be happy help you sort things out. If your account has been tampered with, we'll work with you to secure it. We'll ask you to change your password and may even put your account on hold for a while until it's secure again. I quote again : CONTACT US IF U CANT SIGN IN,SEND US A DOVE AND WE'LL BE HAPPY(!!) TO HELP.... i would even fax them,or send a letter,if i had the option! Great situation,i feel so safe and secure to use ebay,especially when i get all this email about "how ebay protects me" spam.they make me so secure,like im in a panic room... Im trying to post it for few hours now...."Technical difficulty" is the msg i get...YOU GOT THAT RIGHT...

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

no one to talk to...

just ring <Removed> if you don't have the one time pass code you will need to supply the person with your relevant details to confirm who you are.

some of the options you choose may not be available as it's the weekend and you may be outside operating times.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

no one to talk to...

saarzi
Community Member
I dont understand - I just went to the "help / contact" page, scrolled to the bottom, clicked blue "contact us" button, then went to "fees and billing" then " questions about invoices"... and the phone number is in bold writing right there.

I tried it with a few of the other options. Phone number / email / call me.... all contact options are still there and working.
Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

no one to talk to...

Why would luna remove the ebay contact number????????????

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

no one to talk to...

who would know, how stupid to remove ebays contact number. I've seen some strange thing but that takes the cake!!

just asked luna in a private message so we'll see.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

no one to talk to...

Because all companies want you to work out whats wrong yourself, if at all possible, and fix it yourself WITHOUT calling the call centre. 

Each call to the call centre costs Ebay money in man power and wages and facilities.

If people post the number in the forum Ebay will get stupid questions that people could have otherwise worked out themselves and not wasted Ebays money.

Calls to any companies help centre (most of the time) are for calls that CANNOT be fixed by the customer.

Its also to reduce complaints - if it takes ages for people to figure out how to complain, the majority wont bother.

Whether you agree with it or not, thats why company help numbers are removed for their forums, and arent the easiest to find. Its done on purpose.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

no one to talk to...

luna-2304
Community Member

The eBay Community Boards is a place for eBay members to help and connect with other members.

If you need to contact eBay, please first visit http://ocsnext.ebay.com.au/ocs to describe the help you require.

Once you have selected the area that best describes your situation, you will be provided with multiple resolution options, including a Contact Us option.

The Contact Us option will give you a phone number to call to discuss your situation with an eBay representative.

Thanks!

Luna

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

no one to talk to...

Hello Luna, nice to see you.

I must add here how difficult it is to find that number through help.

I know it has nothing to do with you, but it's the main reason that I couldn't be bothered ringing for help.

It's all too hard, and if you do luck on getting through, it will probably all have been for nothing anyway.  

I've NOT had ANY good experiences spending my time phoning this company in the past 2 years.

Prior to that when you rang, the person at the end of the phone knew what they were talking about, and was helpful.

I realise it must be very difficult to run a Call Centre for a company this size, but it's been a GIANT step backward centralising the call centre in the Phillipines or wherever it is now.

Well that's my 2 cents worth. 

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

no one to talk to...

here is my screenshot

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

no one to talk to...

"I realise it must be very difficult to run a Call Centre for a company this size" really?? do u realise how big ebay(that own paypal 100%) is ??
" it's been a GIANT step backward centralising the call centre in the Phillipines or wherever it is now."
Thats 100% correct
Message 10 of 15
Latest reply