now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

imastawka
Honored Contributor

What did you pay for postage, Joe?

If it was free postage, then you paid nothing.

But I would still mark them waaaay down on stars.

I've been getting letters from sellers that I've bought from,

and they are using the pensioner stamps.

That's all kinds of wrong to me.

Message 2 of 279
Latest reply

hi ima   it was free postage , but still it was a bit rude, it just made me think does this go on a lot.

Message 3 of 279
Latest reply

Maybe they are Pensioners so entitled to use them?

Message 4 of 279
Latest reply

Yes pensioners are entitled to use them.  You have to open an account

with the PO to get them.

I have them, use them for personal mail.

But to run a store on ebay using pensioner stamps?   All kinds of wrong.

Message 5 of 279
Latest reply

My competitors in USA are sending <500g parcel posts to Australia for as little as AUD$5! I pay min of $7.20 on those for local postage with fastway. Post office is more.

So not sure why you are complaining. The seller is just trying to keep the costs low so that the buyers can benefit. With the astronomical ebay/paypal/post office fees, we do need to save every penny to compete with overseas sellers.

Though it is unprofessional to leave any kind of previous labels on the parcel, and yes I agree the seller should be given less stars on postage criteria.

Message 6 of 279
Latest reply

I've never bought pensioner stamps.

But I thought when you did you need to present your pensioner card and the purchase is recorded against that card number.

And there is a limit of something like 50 stamps per year can be purchased this way.

Message 7 of 279
Latest reply

Sorry,  but Joe's seller was not just trying to keep costs down.

He was actually ripping off Sydney Water by re-using their

'postage paid' envelope.

So Sydney Water paid for Joe's parcel!

Mark 'em waaaay down Joe

Message 8 of 279
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Yes pensioners are entitled to use them.  You have to open an account

with the PO to get them.

I have them, use them for personal mail.

But to run a store on ebay using pensioner stamps?   All kinds of wrong.

So if a person makes wigwams to sell and they have to use electricity to make them, does this mean they're not entitled to claim their electricity concession for the power they use that's related to selling on ebay?  Are they stealing from the other electricity customers who effectively subsidise them by paying higher rates? 

Or if they have to travel somewhere to pick up supplies to make their wigwams and they use public transport, does this mean they shouldn't claim their travel concession, even if not all of their travel was "business" related?  Or if they have to wash a component of their wigwam before they make them, should they not claim all of the concession they get on their water bill?

You can only buy so many concession stamps a year so they're unlikely to use them on a lot of items they send - unless they get all their pensioner relatives to sell their unused stamps to them at cost, which would clearly be wrong because people would be selling their unused stamps to someone who isn't entitled to them.  But then again, if your pensioner sister/mother/brother/uncle doesn't use all the stamps they're entitled to but you're short when you send out your annual Christmas and they let you buy theirs, are you going to frown on this in the same way?  Both are technically wrong, but is one "more wrong" because it's used in a business sense and the other one is personal?

Just asking.

Message 9 of 279
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:

I've never bought pensioner stamps.

But I thought when you did you need to present your pensioner card and the purchase is recorded against that card number.

And there is a limit of something like 50 stamps per year can be purchased this way.

All true and correct Clarry.

I'm certainly not against pensioners selling on ebay.

It's using the pensioner stamps that gets up my goat.

I was charged $2 postage for a small envelope and it comes with

only one pensioner stamp on it?    More than once.  Different sellers.

Who knows - maybe it's the same seller, different ID

Will be having a word next time prior to buying

Message 10 of 279
Latest reply