now I know why a post loose money

I just got a letter parcel it had sydney water  and on the right postage paid australia, on the back it had many ways to pay your bill.

well I dont live in sydney ,but it was addressed to me ,I opened it and it was a parcel I ordered from a seller in nsw. he used there paid envelope from sydney water which he got his bill in .

what a cheapscate

Message 1 of 279
Latest reply
278 REPLIES 278

Joe says 'letter parcel'.   

If it was a parcel, that makes it worse than a letter

Message 21 of 279
Latest reply

A lot of posters in the forums use the term parcel rather loosely and don't bother differentiating between letters and parcels (according to AP's definitions) but I assumed he meant a letter because it sounds like an envelope that your bill normally comes in. If the information on the back is all about how to pay your bill, I really can't see it being an actual parcel.
Message 22 of 279
Latest reply

hi  just a letter you get your water bills in , the seller has opened there bill ,opened the side of an envelope put my parcel in it just small parcel and stuck sticky tape on end and wrote my details on a sticker and stuck it over the see thru envolope part,at the back it also says if not delivered within 7 days please return to sydneyater parramatta. so they used a used postage paid envelope , so aus post did not get a fee from this sale. I mean are they doing it with all there bills .

Message 23 of 279
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Yes pensioners are entitled to use them.  You have to open an account

with the PO to get them.

I have them, use them for personal mail.

But to run a store on ebay using pensioner stamps?   All kinds of wrong.

If they are only using their pensioner stamps that they are entitled to then I don't see any problem with that.

ANNUAL ENTITLEMENT - Free booklet of 5 concession stamps     Ability to purchase up to 50 concession stamps per year

10c discount on each stamp 5 concession stampt -. $3.50 value.  50 concessions stamps (.10c discount) value $5

Hardly the big scam of the decade?

Your issue is with the seller for charging you $2 and using a .60c stamp. Factor in cost of envelope and eBay FVF on postage, and paypal fees.

Message 24 of 279
Latest reply

I would be tempted to report the seller to Sydney Water.. that is a cost that is borne by customers of Sydney Water in the end.

Message 25 of 279
Latest reply

hi  I am not sure how postage paid envelopes work I think its auspost that are loosing out.

anyway I just checked there selling items  and they must be doing it on all there lines ,they had 8 items all small cheap stuff but all $1 or best offer with free postage,  paypal and ebay fees about 50 cents  theres no room for a stamp + envelope , they must keep all there bills envelopes and just use them. so if you order you might get a electric or a gas bill envelope.

does anybody know how these pre paid envelopes work and how can they get away with it

Message 26 of 279
Latest reply

I hope someone isn't going to give me a 1 and/or a negative for recycling old bubble mailers, I've been doing that for parcel post items since I started! I don't use postage paid envelopes however (although, technically whoever sent you the bill had already paid even if you bin the envelope without using it). Maybe I should start keeping all those Telstra envelopes!
Message 27 of 279
Latest reply

the strange thing is how does it get thru, they are only small sellers , because of the $1 sell price they cant list an extra item until they get another bill to pay  lol. 

the household  husband comes home from work and says to his wife any letters today and she says we got a gas bill , the husband says great we can now list another item on ebay lol..

Message 28 of 279
Latest reply

I was originally thinking you meant a "business reply paid" envelope but now I realise you just mean one that's got the square where the stamp usually goes, with the words Postage Paid Australia inside it.

It's probably the case that they posted it in a red box and the PO staff didn't know who posted it (no return address) and they didn't want to penalise the recipient of the letter so they just let it through. If there's no return address they're supposed to put a note on the envelope so that the recipient pays the underpaid postage and the extra fee.

My local PO had someone who was regularly posting letters in the red box that had used stamps on them. He didn't know who it was because they deliberately left off the sender's address. He didn't want the addressee to be charged for someone else's deliberate cheating so he used to let them through. I believe he eventually wrote a note on the envelope to the effect that the PO the other end was to collect the fees and to see if they could find out who the sender was.

Over half the letters I get never have the stamps cancelled (no postmark on them) and my PO has to cross through the stamps with a texta before they hand my mail over. Sometimes it's up to 90% that never have the stamps cancelled, so a LOT of post offices are obviously not very concerned about it.

I've also had 5.5 kg parcels that get through with only 5kgs of postage on them, and other similar cases. Maybe they got billed for extra postage but I doubt it because they still list things that weigh 5kg before packaging with postage for 5kgs on them.

Message 29 of 279
Latest reply

correct but because of the price they sell goods all there items go out on a used letter, they are all $1.00 with a best buy including postage from sydney.mmmmm.

Message 30 of 279
Latest reply